|Employer||University Recreation and Wellbeing at UW-Madison|
|Apply by||May 15, 2021|
|Posted on||March 24, 2021|
At Recreation & Wellbeing, we practice what we preach. We work hard. We move fast. We aren’t afraid to fail, and we certainly aren’t afraid to stand out.
With the recent opening of the highly-anticipated Nicholas Recreation Center behind us, we’ve now started construction our second building project of the $236M Master Plan: a $110M replacement of the current Gymnasium – Natatorium.
But we’re more than a building. We’re building a movement. And we’re looking for go-getting, limit-pushing, movement-loving people to join us. Starting on Day One, your experiences, ideas, and strengths will be valued and leveraged to help us deliver mission-driven results. We are committed to creating and promoting an inclusive environment in which we celebrate the unique differences of each member in our community.
Our professional internship program is an opportunity to apply and build on your academic knowledge while you advance your professional and technical skills in the workplace. We lead based on strengths and provide intentional development opportunities including NIRSA, Region III Lead-On, and other conferences related to your goals.
• Academic year internships are limited-time employments lasting 9 months or 1043 total hours
• Internship dates are approximate and will run mid-August through May
• Interns will be compensated at a rate of $17/hour for an average of 30 hours/week
• Allotted time off for winter break and spring break (approximately three weeks)
• Position requires a criminal background investigation and valid driver’s license Housing, benefits, and health insurance not included
• Increase brand awareness on campus through the implementation of a consistent visual identity for promotional and educational materials
• Plan and create graphic content for students, faculty/staff, donors, corporations, and campus administrators to be distributed via the website, social, email, digital displays, and printed materials
• Assist in the execution of the annual Rec Well marketing and communication plan
• Assist the Coordinator of Digital Media & Design in managing graphic design student staff (including developing schedules, delegating and coordinating assignments, offering creative feedback and constructive criticism, and enforcing deadlines)
Requirements and qualifications:
• Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree and work experience or coursework related to graphic design
• Demonstrated experience in project management
• Demonstrated communication, leadership, and organizational skills
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
• Ability to think creatively and critically to identify and solve problems
Compensation and Benefits: $17/hour.
Click here to learn more and apply online.
Application Deadline – May 15, 2021.