|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||September 22, 2022|
Bring your creativity and imagination and gain real-world design, project management and teamwork skills! We’re hiring a Graphic Design Intern to contribute to our dynamic, award-winning design team. In this position, you’ll create social media layouts, build and modify templates and develop graphics for online and print communications. You should have a strong portfolio and be pursuing a degree in graphic design, advertising, social media or communications.
This is a paid internship based at our headquarters in Madison, Wisconsin. You’ll need to be available at least 15 hours per week during standard business hours (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.) and have the capability to work both on-site and remotely. The internship runs through May 2023 and potentially into the summer.
Your application should detail your design experience and include a link to your portfolio.
• Design layouts for social media posts, which includes selecting graphics, modifying existing visual elements and adding motion when needed.
• Develop and increase the functionality of design templates.
• Find and modify illustrations and icons for communications like blogs, newsletters and presentations.
• Give and receive feedback on the design and functionality of communications.
• Provide daily and weekly status updates to the creative director.
• Use project management software to understand project requirements and meet deliverables.
• Route, modify and file communications.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
• Currently pursuing a degree in graphic design, advertising, social media or communications.
• Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio.
• Knowledge of social media platforms and best practices.
• Working knowledge of graphic design principles, including type, color and layout.
• Ability to identify and create a compelling visual composition.
• Experience using Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat. Experience using Canva, Adobe After Effects or Adobe Premiere is a plus but not required.
• General knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word and Teams.
• Ability to closely adhere to established standards and processes.
• Excellent organizational and project management skills with a keen attention to detail.
• Ability to take initiative and responsibility for completing assignments.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
• Willingness to learn, adapt and contribute as a positive member of a team.
Click here to apply online.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!