|Employer||CR-Social Development Commission|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||September 30, 2020|
The Graphic Designer is responsible within the Community Relations Department for the design, creation and layout of various agency publications and support materials including program flyers, agency brochures, web site materials, and periodic publications
– Provide general technical and consulting support for communication and graphic projects.
– Research all appropriate design ideas and develop fresh and creative approaches to agency materials while projecting a businesslike image. Use those approaches in involving a consistent agency style for a myriad of projects.
– Design, create, edit, and update all promotional materials including flyers, brochures, newsletters, reports, advertisements, program directories, letterhead, business cards, signs, logos, invitations, postcards, calendars, report covers, forms, certificates and other artwork.
– Create and produce communication projects from conception to completion, working with a proofing team to assure correct spelling and accurate photo captions.
– Edit design layouts, proofs, comprehensive layouts, and camera ready art utilizing production standards of current state-of-the-art technologies for print and electronic media.
– Combine written content with related visual images.
– Create print-ready files utilizing a wide variety of design, page layout, photo/graphics software. Preflight files and when needed, revise/correct files so they will RIP, proof, and print properly.
– Serve as liaison between the agency web host in the design and layout of web pages and the maintenance of a consistent image, overall graphic look, and structural organization; collect, update, and maintain agency information and graphics on web site.
– Maintain knowledge of new graphics equipment/software and design, printing, and communication techniques.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
– Possess excellent organizational skills
– Detail-oriented and demonstrate time management skills
– Willing to bring innovative and fresh ideas to the table
– Must be pro-active and able to work independently
– High level of computer competency, including Excel, presentations, word processing, internet navigation, database application, and dashboard design.
– Working knowledge of tools, methods, and concepts of graphic design
– Ability to meet deadlines, manage competing priorities and the ability to be flexible with changing needs of the agency.
– Must be comfortable working in a high pressure environment.
– Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
– Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Experience/Education/Training/Certifications: Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or equivalent with 3years related experience. OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. Experience using updated Macintosh Systems with multiple software applications including WordPress, Adobe Acrobat Professional; Illustrator; InDesign; Photoshop; PowerPoint and Microsoft Office Suite programs.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The phrases “occasionally,” “regularly,” and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “Occasionally” means up to 1/3 of working time, “regularly” means between 1/3 and 2/3 of working time, and “frequently” means 2/3 and more working time. While performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, the employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The incumbent will regularly sit, and will frequently talk and listen and use hands to handle or touch. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee works regularly in an office environment where the noise level is moderate.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. SDC does not discriminate in its programs, activities, facilities, employment, or educational opportunities on the basis of a person’s sex, race, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, pregnancy, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, or disability.
Click here to apply online.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!