|Employer||Social Media and Adolescent Health Research Team (SMAHRT)|
|Apply by||November 4, 2021|
|Posted on||October 4, 2021|
The Social Media and Adolescent Health Research Team (SMAHRT) has a communications internship opening which will provide immersive experiences for an undergraduate student. SMAHRT’s mission is to advance our understanding of the relationship between media and adolescent health towards educating teens, training the next generation of researchers, and developing innovations in adolescent health. Our values include diversity, collaboration and mentorship. SMAHRT is led by Dr. Megan Moreno, an adolescent medicine physician and researcher. Our multidisciplinary team includes undergraduate students, medical trainees and SMAHRT staff from various backgrounds of study including communication, forensic science, education, and biology.
Our Facility: This hybrid internship requires one day a week in office at 2870 University Ave, Suite 200. The rest of the hours will be completed remotely. The hybrid work model will be subject to change as COVID-19 policies adapt around campus. Maggie, the program manager, will also be hybrid, working a few days in office and the rest remotely in Madison. We do our best to be flexible and work with your class schedule.
We are looking to work with an undergraduate who is interested in a communications internship on a volunteer or for-credit basis. The position will have four critical components:
1. Brainstorm content ideas for the blog and all social media platforms that aligns with SMAHRT’s audience and brand
2. Create weekly/monthly content plans for the blog and Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
3. Provide and receive thoughtful and constructive feedback from other team members
4. Collaborate with other team members to cross promote ideas between social media and the blog
Required Qualifications: Previous communications experience and/or a background in science communication are helpful, but not required. The following skills and abilities are required for the hybrid internship:
1. Able to work independently and as part of a team
2. Able to communicate openly and honestly
3. Reliable time management skills
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
5. Strong interest in advancing a health-related mission
6. Ability to think creatively and follow instructions
7. Ability to establish and commit to a schedule of at least nine consistent weekly hours
8. Professionalism and exceptional dedication to team projects and goals
9. Currently a second or third year of undergraduate career
10. 9 hour per week commitment preferred
Our promotions team follows SMAHRT’s long-held value on diversity, and we are continuously working to become a more inclusive and anti-racist program. Applicants with knowledge, lived experience, or passion for this effort are encouraged to apply.
If you are interested, please contact Maggie Bushman at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
1. Your resume or CV (with contact information)
2. A brief statement that describes your interest in this position, previous communications experience, qualifications, and/or current outreach work
3. The number of hours/week you are able to work
Application Deadline – November 4, 2021.