|Apply by||Not specified|
|Posted on||April 22, 2022|
AQUA Magazine is now accepting applications for a paid internship to join our editorial team. In particular, we’re looking for someone to write small pieces for in-print publication and quick-turnaround news items for our website and e-newsletter. Other duties will include helping the editorial team with larger features, particularly story development and interviews. This person will also help to format online stories, manage our New Products section, and on occasion, our social media channels.
Sophomore or junior college students are encouraged to apply.
• Willingness to take initiative
• Confident during phone interviews
• Attention to detail, accuracy in reporting
• Ability to juggle several projects and multitask
• Experience working with content management systems
• Familiar with AP style
• Flexible hours: While we’re asking for 15 to 20 hours/week, you will be able to set your own hours between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m., Monday to Friday. We require half of your hours to be in-office and the remaining hours can be done remotely.
• Location: We’re close to campus, right on the Capitol Square.
• Relaxed atmosphere: We offer a friendly, upbeat place to work.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and writing sample (news reporting encouraged, but not required) to Abigail Carpenter at firstname.lastname@example.org. A cover letter is not necessary.
About AQUA Magazine
AQUA Magazine (www.aquamagazine.com) is an in-print and online publication in the pool and spa industry. Through our magazine (reaches 15,000 monthly readers throughout the U.S.), twice-weekly e-newsletter, website and social media channels, we’re the leading resource for news, product coverage, trends and more. Each year, we also invite the best-of-the-best in the industry to join us in person at AQUA Live, a national trade show and conference, complete with top-notch education, forums and exhibits.
About Athletic Business Media
AQUA’s parent company is Athletic Business Media. In addition to AQUA, AB Media owns Wood Floor Business, which caters to wood floor professionals; Athletic Business, a publication that serves leaders in athletics, fitness and recreation design; and the AB Show, the premier educational event and trade show.