|Apply by||Not specified|
|Posted on||November 2, 2022|
Ovative Group is the premier independent media and measurement firm in the United States. We help change makers, in fast-growing, customer-centric organizations across industries reinvent their marketing and measurement programs.
We leverage our media, measurement, and consulting capabilities to help brands like Coach, Kate Spade, Stuart Weitzman, Facebook, The Home Depot, CVS, Disney, and UnitedHealth Group transform their media and marketing programs. Our proprietary approach to measuring and optimizing marketing investment decisions, Enterprise Marketing Return (EMR), is disrupting the industry and setting the gold standard for customer and marketing strategy, activation, and measurement.
Recognized six consecutive years on Star Tribune’s list of Top 150 Workplaces and four years on Inc.5000’s list of the fastest growing private companies in America, we pride ourselves in always overdelivering for our clients, our teams, and our communities.
About the Internal Marketing Team
The Internal Marketing team at Ovative plays an integral role in bringing Ovative’s brand vision to life and helping Ovative surpass its long-term growth goals. The Internal Marketing team works closely with the Business Development and Client Services teams at Ovative to ensure our marketing tactics are building the brand, creating meaningful opportunities to connect with a broad network of talent and client prospects, elevating the client experience, and generating qualified leads for the business. We take a hands-on, collaborative approach to marketing, partnering effectively across the organization to drive key marketing initiatives.
About the Role
The Intern position is an opportunity for a driven individual early in their career to have direct impact at a fast-growing company that has the highest standards for talent, performance, and culture. The Intern position will provide hands-on support across marketing tactics including paid and owned media, site, email, events, awards, and PR to reach both prospective clients and prospective talent for Ovative. The Intern position will work closely with subject matter experts to learn the best practices of content creation for, and execution of, each tactic.
The ideal candidate demonstrates passion for a career in marketing, a desire to learn marketing foundational skills and develop expertise, and accountability and drive to complete work.
Responsibilities of an Internal Marketing Intern
- Copywriting: Write short- and long-form copy in Ovative’s brand voice for multiple marketing tactics to reach prospective talent and prospective client audiences. Channels include, but are not limited to: paid and owned media, site, email, event handout materials, event presentations, awards, thought leadership pieces, case studies, and PR.
- Content Creation: Use Canva to design brand compliant visuals for multiple marketing tactics to reach prospective talent and prospective client audiences. For more complex creative projects, partner with Ovative’s Creative Lab to produce on-brand visuals. Channels include, but are not limited to: paid and owned media, site, email, event handout materials, event presentations, awards, thought leadership pieces, case studies, and PR.
- Event Support: Provide hands-on planning and day-of execution for events hosted at Ovative’s office and within the community. Includes, but is not limited to, coordinating food/beverage/facilities, developing content for events, organizing event volunteers, supporting setup and cleanup, and evaluating event success (such as driving new leads for Ovative).
- Continual Testing, Measurement, and Analysis: Use data to understand what is working from our marketing efforts and execute testing of new ideas (platforms, tactics, formats, etc.) Utilize GA, Google Looker Studio (formerly Data Studio), social platform reporting, and marketing team performance reports to understand trends, create insights, and strengthen work.
- Project Management: Responsible for driving marketing projects forward, with clear timelines, expectations, and deliverables while communicating progress and collaborating with Marketing team leaders. Note: we are a fast-paced, highly driven team and we are looking for a Marketing Intern who is equally driven and accountable to surpass expectations.
- Cross-Team Collaboration: Build relationships and develop expertise across Ovative’s business to foster marketing as an extension of every team. Make Ovative’s culture better every day through participation in cross-functional initiatives!
The Intern Experience
- All Interns will go through a robust onboarding bootcamp during their first couple weeks at Ovative to gain a big picture view of our business, history, and vision.
- Interns will meet with senior leaders for both project work and informational interviews.
Skills and Qualifications
- Organized and confident with ability to manage multiple projects at a time. Ability to work independently and drive efforts from start to finish.
- Demonstrated communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Action-oriented, self-driven hunger to take ownership of tasks.
- Sound conceptual and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Interest in learning new technologies and marketing skills
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Enjoys building relationships quickly with new people and thrives in a collaborative work environment.
Preferred but not required:
- Experience in social media management (organic or paid channels like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn for groups or organizations of any size)
- Experience in creative design, video production, photography, or technical writing
- Experience in event planning or management (including social organizations, student groups, etc.)
At Ovative, we offer a transparent view into two core components of your total compensation package: Hourly Rate and Benefits.
For our Intern positions, our compensation is $20/hour.