|Employer||Wisconsin Historical Foundation|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||May 19, 2023|
Who We Are:
The Wisconsin Historical Foundation exists to support the Wisconsin Historical Society and further its mission, vision, and values:
• Mission: The Society connects people to the past by collecting, preserving and sharing stories.
• Vision: Enriching and transforming lives through unparalleled access to history.
• Values: We believe that increasing the public’s knowledge of history has profound societal, cultural and economic benefit.
As a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization, the Foundation receives grants and private contributions benefiting the Society, administers the membership program, and provides marketing and communications services for the Society.
The Marketing and Communications Intern is part of a team of communications, marketing and public relations professionals charged with increasing public awareness of the Wisconsin Historical Society, including our historic sites and attractions, collections and archives, programming and resources, and internal areas of expertise.
The Marketing and Communications intern is self-motivated, flexible and eager to contribute to a wide variety of marketing communications projects in a collaborative, professional environment. This position is an active contributor who will gain valuable experience for a future career in the marketing and communications fields.
Interns must be able to dedicate 15-20 hours per week to this summer semester position. Hours are flexible and the internship can be extended if agreed upon by both parties.
• Copy development for social media, PR and marketing projects
• Research and document relevant media contacts and potential pitch opportunities
• Research and document relevant social media influencer collaboration opportunities
• Social media content collection and curation
• Social media activity monitoring
• Event promotions to include event listing research and submissions
• Support marketing and communications project management
• Support customer list management
• Support metrics monitoring and reporting
• Web content editing
• Photo editing for multi-channel use
• Actively contribute new ideas for consideration
• Opportunity for special project work based on professional interests
• Perform other marketing and communications-related tasks as needed
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work both collaboratively and independently, and take direction from colleagues
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize, problem-solve and multi-task
• Creative mindset and a passion for the marketing and communications field
• Familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite
• Skill with Adobe Creative Suite (and particularly InDesign) a plus
• Familiarity with social platforms including Facebook and Instagram.
Hourly wage: $15
How to Apply:
To apply, please send the following items to Michelle Kamke, Marketing Communications Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail them to Wisconsin Historical Foundation, ATTN: Michelle Kamke, 816 State Street, Madison, WI 53706.
• Cover letter
• Three writing samples