|Employer||D1 Madison West|
|Apply by||Not specified|
|Posted on||February 4, 2021|
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR ON-THE-JOB EXPERIENCE FOR YOUR RESUME TO GET AN EDGE ON THE COMPETITION?
ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT FITNESS AND LOOKING TO JOIN A DYNAMIC TEAM?
DO YOU WANT TO BE PART OF A NEW & GROWING BUSINESS IN THE MADISON AREA?
D1 Training is coming to Madison! JOIN OUR TEAM. We are seeking high energy Interns focused on Sales and Marketing. This is the 1st of 2 locations.
We are proud to bring D1 Training to the Greater Madison Area. D1 Madison West is an athletic-based training facility that delivers results. We work on speed, strength, conditioning & agility. Our athletes are looking to improve overall fitness, train to reach the starting team, collegiate or pro levels – we want to help our members achieve their goals! At D1, we train athletes from age 7 through adults. D1 is a mindset and a community, more than turf and weights.
Key Vision for Sales & Marketing Internship Position:
This position involves taking incoming calls, making outgoing calls, booking free trial workouts and consultations, and selling all D1 products and services. MUST BE COMFORTABLE IN A FAST-PACED SALES ENVIRONMENT. You will be responsible for handling customer inquiries promptly and effectively, as well as maintaining facility hygiene. Must be a self-motivated, team-oriented person with a passion for sports/fitness. Sales experience, as well as experience with social media is a plus, but not mandatory. As a Sales and Marketing Intern, you will assist our Sales Associates/Recruiters in every aspect of their role and learn from our best-in-class team. Goal is to Have Fun and gain deep on the job knowledge!
Sales: Grow Revenue for D1 Madison West by –
- Exhibiting passion, expertise, high-energy, a positive and motivating attitude, & strong character
- Lead generation follow-up; execute a variety of phone calls to athletes/leads
- Aid in driving trial & low barrier offers
- Assist in generating revenue through sales of all D1 offerings including memberships, core training, personal training and team training
Marketing: Build D1’s brand and business by –
- Being a D1 Ambassador – attend outside events as well as go into the community to help drive prospects, revenue and promote D1 to increase goodwill and market awareness. Be a Leader inside and outside the facility.
- Contribute to develop community partnerships with Clubs, Teams, Schools, Businesses, Key leaders, Charities
- Aid & assist in creation of marketing materials including flyers, emails, newsletters, website, banners, etc.
- Organize and help prepare materials for any upcoming onsite or offsite events
- Knowledge of social media platforms, will be responsible for contributing content daily/weekly
Client Management: Client comes first by –
- Contributing to a great member experience, over-the-top customer service, be a source of information
- Customer service and conflict resolution; ability to resolve potential conflict and dealing directly with customers to provide a positive customer experience.
Operations: Be a Team Player by –
- Pitching in with cleaning and safety as outlined by general manager.
- Utilizing daily and weekly check-lists
- Adherence to, and promotion of, the D1 Core Values
- Accurate and timely completion of daily job duties
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Be genuinely nice
- Ability to close a sale & overcome objection
- Live a fitness and healthy lifestyle
- College degree in Sports Management, Sports Marketing, Marketing, Business or Hospitality a plus
- Highly energetic with a “can do” attitude, outgoing, friendly, self-starter, takes initiative, attention to detail
- Has D1 Core Values, strong moral character & servant attitude, drive constantly for knowledge
- Marketing: Deep Knowledge of Social Media Platforms, will be responsible for assisting in content creation
- Experience in direct sales and grass roots marketing a plus
- Excellent communication, time management and follow-through skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Office applications
Preferred Qualifications & Experience:
- Live near the facility, familiar with community dynamic, able to refer clients
- Existing relationships with local schools, coaches and sports teams
- Leadership capabilities
- Knowledge of Loyal Snap, Mind Body and Scorpion a plus
Compensation & Benefits:
- Be a part of a Winning Team and Growing Business – empowering and engaging culture
- Free Membership
- Part Time: approx. 15-20 hours per week
- M-F and weekends
- Real On-the-Job experience for Resume building
- Number of hires for this role 2