|Employer||Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)|
|Apply by||February 28, 2022|
|Posted on||January 11, 2022|
WFAA requires all individuals working out of WFAA offices or conducting in-person business to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. WFAA will consider requests for reasonable accommodation as required under applicable law.
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)* is recruiting for a Investment Office Manager. This role provides general office coordination and administrative support to the Chief Investment Officer and senior investment staff. The Investment Office Manager will be responsible for overall investment team coordination including calendar management, travel assistance, interacting with external partners, expense reporting, event planning and providing back-up coverage for other support staff. As the administrative lead, this position will also supervise the Investment Operations Coordinator position. The Investment Office Manager position requires initiative, attention to detail, excellent interpersonal skills, effective time management, and the ability to work well with various levels of internal colleagues and outside partners. Sensitivity to confidential information is required. This position will work on-site at 1 South Pinckney Street in Madison, WI.
Who is WFAA?
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is a private, nonprofit corporation that encourages individuals and organizations to make gifts to the university and to connect with the UW. In 2014, the UW Foundation merged with the Wisconsin Alumni Association® to better serve a growing population of UW alumni and donors. We believe that private support grows out of good relationships between campus leaders, faculty and program staff who need support, and the alumni and friends who want to invest in UW–Madison. We provide important engagement opportunities to link UW–Madison alumni to each other and to their alma mater, building a strong community of Badgers.
Diversity and Inclusion
Just as the university community benefits from differing viewpoints, perspectives, and experiences, inclusion and diversity are imperative for the success of our mission. WFAA values people and the differences that they bring to the organization, and creates an environment in which all staff members and constituents feel respected and have opportunities to thrive.
Office Coordination and Administrative Support
- Coordinate daily calendars of senior investment team; engage with external partners, Investment Committee members and Foundation leadership to schedule in-person meetings and calls; ensure all required participants are notified and confirmed
- Screen communications, respond to emails, and interface with external partners and service providers
- Orchestrate UWF Investment Committee meetings and functions; attendance polling, office preparation, and day-of logistics
- Assist with the aggregation and distribution of all UWF Investment Committee communications and materials
- Assist with and facilitate heavy domestic and global travel itineraries for UWF team; research and book airline, hotel, and transfer reservations; assess visa and immunization requirements
- Prepare travel expense and reimbursement reports
- Manage expenditures within Foundation’s procurement and expense system, initiate purchase orders, check requests, travel advances
Visitor Relations and Event Planning
- Greet all visitors and maintain a welcoming environment
- Assist with logistics for out-of-town guests; directions, parking, dining and accommodations
- Manage conference room scheduling and upkeep
- Organize events including lunch & learns, recruiting events, dinner & lunch meetings, and team building activities
General Office and Administrative Coverage
- Supervise Investment Operations Coordinator position
- Provide back-up coverage for other administrative staff, including reception, as needed
- Develop consolidated UWF office calendar and standards (best practices)
- Assist with employee onboarding, orientation, and off-boarding
- Serve as point person for UWF HR, travel and expense policies
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with ability (and strong desire) to become familiar with firm- specific programs and software
- Experience managing travel itineraries, including international travel and visa requirements
- Experience in investment management, legal, consulting, or other relevant sectors.
- Strong organizational, project management, and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi- tasking and prioritizing abilities
- Exceptional interpersonal and professional communication skills
- Proactive mindset, resourceful, anticipatory in potential needs and adaptive to changes
- Exercising high degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to periodically be available outside of normal working hours
WFAA is committed to provide our employees with an environment that is inspiring, creative and respectful. We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefits program, which includes a 10% 401k contribution after 1 year of service!
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer *The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is the “doing business as” name of the merged organization comprising the University of Wisconsin Foundation (advanceuw.org) and the Wisconsin Alumni Association (uwalumni.com). Its legal corporate name is registered as the University of Wisconsin Foundation.