|Location||Arlington, VA | Remote|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||December 17, 2020|
Quick Take: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We are hiring a junior reporter to join our Politics team!
Why it Matters: As we continue to expand Sneak Peak and our politics coverage, we are looking for a talented, collaborative, and eager early career reporter to contribute to scoops, conceptual stories and breaking news stories in the politics sphere.
Go Deeper: Our Junior Politics Reporter will collaborate with our Politics team to report on the biggest stories and trends of the beat.
The Details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for Axios’ mission. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to break stories, spot trends for longer-range coverage, and convey contextual meaning to developments on the beat.
Ideal candidates will also have the following skills:
• Professional or internship experience covering political news and the ability to see past the daily noise to spot the news and trends that matter
• Positive attitude and ability to collaborate and thrive in high-pressure news environments
• Ability to represent Axios across multiple media channels and platforms
• Commitment to the Axios mission and Smart Brevity style
• Competitive salary
• Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
• Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
• Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
• Company equity
• Commuter and cell phone benefit
• A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
• Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
• One mental health day per quarter
• $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
• Tele-mental health services
• OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
• Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
• Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
• Weekly company-sponsored exercise and meditation classes
• Virtual company-sponsored social events
Click here to apply online.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!