|Apply by||September 1, 2021|
|Posted on||July 21, 2021|
1011NOW is looking for a driven journalist for the role of general assignment news reporter in our main Lincoln newsroom. You will be an integral part of the top news team in the area, bringing unique local stories, from enterprising ideas to telling polished, effective stories live on-air.
To apply, go to www.gray.tv/careers or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Enterprise story ideas that matter to viewers in Lincoln
• Track and manage sources and stories within your assigned beat
• Execute all aspects of storytelling, scheduling shoots and interviews, shooting video, writing scripts, editing, and going live as needed
• Be a multi-platform storyteller, with regular posts to social media and the station’s website and news apps
• Meet tight daily deadlines
• Respond urgently and appropriately to breaking and developing news
• On-air experience and a consistent track record of meeting deadlines
• Exceptional broadcast writing ability
• Ability to shoot and edit video, and effectively communicate live on-air
• Flexibility in scheduling, to respond to the changing news landscape
• A four-year degree in journalism or related field, or equivalent professional experience
• Familiarity with iNews or ENPS, Avid Editing, TVU, ARC Publishing, Sony ENG, Social Media a plus
Must have valid Drivers License with good driving record. Employment is contingent on successfully passing drug screen and driving record check.
KOLN is the CBS affiliate in the Lincoln, Hastings, Kearney market. Located in the thriving capital city of Lincoln, the station is the area`s dominant news leader, with number one newscasts in every daypart. The 1011NOW news brand is well-known throughout the region as a trusted source for quality news, weather, and sports coverage.
About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in over 50 markets throughout the country – all delivering the news, weather, sports and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Company Name’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.