|Employer||UW-Madison | Gender and Sexuality Campus Center (GSCC)|
|Apply by||October 30, 2020|
|Posted on||October 13, 2020|
This VISTA service member will work with the Wisconsin LGBT Chamber of Commerce and the Gender and Sexuality Campus Center (GSCC) at University of Wisconsin Madison. This VISTA will work 30 hours a week and the goal of the VISTA is to:
• Increase the amount of career readiness programming and resources for LBGT citizens in Wisconsin.
• Create and strengthen partnerships of businesses and organizations across the state.
• Oversee and create career readiness programming and support the Gender and Sexuality Campus Center (GSCC) at the University of Wisconsin-Madison
1. Oversee and manage the Chamber’s Workforce Development program in partnership with the GSCC; including creation of job seeking preparedness resources.
2. Assist with community building events such a “Chamber on Tap” and “Coffee Connections”.
3. Assist with coordination of “LGBTQ+ & Allies Career Fairs”.
4. Oversight of Chamber job board; including posting open positions. Additionally, reach out to employers to grow the reach and overall use of job board.
5. Attend staff meetings of both the Gender and Sexuality Center and the Wisconsin LGBT Chamber of Commerce.
6. Developing promotional and marketing materials for Chamber events (including online marketing, email marketing and direct marketing)
7. Conducting regular communications with Chamber members and other organizations to foster and create new partnerships.
8. Creating surveys and analyze feedback from after events, programming, or development of new career resources.
9. Develop and manage a reservation system for the GSCC’s reservable spaces, technology, and materials.
10. Cultivate assessment tools and other practices to benchmark the GSCC’s programs and services
11. Work with the GSCC to plan and coordinate large-scale events such as MBLGTACC (the Midwest BLGTA College Conference)
12. Create and oversee a young entrepreneurs organization targeted toward college students.
13. Work with the Wisconsin LGBT Chamber of Commerce to promote LGBT owned businesses and foster inclusivity.
1. Will aid the Gender and Sexuality Center in creating a more inclusive campus environment by conducting research and outreach as well as facilitating policy development, programming, direct service provision, etc.
2. Will be supervised jointly by the Wisconsin LGBT Chamber of Commerce and the Gender and Sexuality Campus Center.
3. Employee will work 10-15 hours a week with GSCC and 10-15 hours a week with the Wisconsin LGBT Chamber of Commerce for a total of 30-40 hours per week.
1. Ability to work effectively with diverse populations
2. Interpersonal and communication skills
3. Ability to manage others and delegate tasks
4. Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
5. Familiarity with issues of LGBTQ+ equality
6. Ability to read at a 12th grade level
7. High School diploma
8. Familiarity with Microsoft Office, G Suite, and virtual meeting software.
9. Access to home internet
10. Reliable transportation or ability to travel to the University of Madison up to three days a week.
11. Work with be both virtual and in-person. Candidate must reside in the Madison area.
1. A monthly living stipend of $1,212 from AmeriCorps.
2. Healthcare: AmeriCorps VISTA health benefit plan
3. Student Loan Deferment: AmeriCorps members are eligible to postpone the repayment of qualified student loans through loan forbearance.
4. Childcare: AmeriCorps members can receive childcare benefits if they meet the eligibility requirements.
5. Education award after completion of service year of $6,000.
Click here for the full job-description and learn how to apply.
Application Deadline EXTENDED – October 30, 2020.