|Apply by||January 9, 2022 for early consideration|
|Posted on||January 3, 2022|
The Manager-Communications is an integral part of the Milwaukee Ballet team steering both internal and external communications about the Company, performances, the School & Academy, and community engagement programming. Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Development, the role helps to support all internal departments to maximize opportunities for earned and contributed revenue, public relations and fulfillment of Milwaukee Ballet’s mission.
Public Relations / Media Relations
– Serve as primary liaison for media; including to schedule interviews, write and distribute press releases, develop and pitch stories, and draft statements.
– Manage and build network of local and trade reporters, publications, bloggers, etc.
– Shape messaging for campaigns, interviews, and stories, working closely with each department on angles, objectives and opportunities.
– Provide coaching and prep for dancers and staff involved in interviews; prepare overviews and practice questions, as well as mock interviews as needed.
– Manage media relations during performances, including arranging tickets, special access needs, scheduling reviewers, providing photos and other materials.
– Oversee general incoming communication, responding as appropriate and disseminating to other departments/staff as appropriate.
– Manage Milwaukee Ballet’s bi-weekly company e-newsletter; including scheduling, content planning, and coordination with other departments.
– Manage all outgoing e-mail promotions for ticket sales and other organizational programming.
– Work with other departments to understand their needs and recommend message and cadence for communications, such as emails, social media content, and collateral.
– Establish and manage process for regular reviews of website for accuracy, to identify update needs, etc.
– Serve as primary source for copy writing needs, including as proofer and final editor, ensuring all Milwaukee Ballet communication speaks with a consistent and brand-appropriate voice and quality.
– Writing responsibilities include marketing copy, website content, press releases, performance program introductions and articles, patron correspondences and e-newsletters.
– Ghost write communications for executive leadership and dancers, including preparation of speaking points for speeches and interviews and assistance with biographies.
Patron Services Support
– Provide exceptional customer service when interacting with and assisting patrons, donors, school families and other Milwaukee Ballet constituents.
– Help monitor Company general inbox to handle communication needs and/or redistribute to appropriate departments.
– Work with Patron Services Manager and Company leadership to draft message points and appropriate responses when needed.
– Work collaboratively with team to develop and launch cohesive campaigns.
– Create and manage marketing communication plans for relevant campaigns; including timelines, objectives, and needs from other departments or team members.
– Help to identify target markets and appropriate communication methods and tactics.
Background & Qualifications
– Bachelor’s Degree and/or 5-years direct relevant experience in marketing, communication, public/media relations.
– Spanish speaking and/or ability to read and write in Spanish is an advantage.
– Exceptional writing and editing skills, with ability to adjust tone, voice, and style to best meet the needs of individual projects and applications.
– Experience working in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment, exhibiting strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task effectively.
– Proficient in Microsoft suite with experience utilizing CRM and database management.
Required Values & Qualities
– Excellent Communication: Can articulate Milwaukee Ballet’s mission with confidence and passion.
– Innovative: Regards challenges in new ways and generates creative, proactive solutions
– Professional & Confident: Able to represent Milwaukee Ballet Company in the community and with media, patrons, donors, school families and fans.
– Integrity & Confidentiality: Able to handle evolving situations discreetly, managing issues and recommending appropriate response plans to executive leadership.
– Reliable and Positive: Is a team player and responds with positivity to support colleagues.
– Flexible: Comfortable with working some evenings and weekends, especially during performances.
– Strong Interpersonal Skills: Able to build and maintain positive relationships; communicate effectively with others in verbal and nonverbal ways.
Click here to learn more or apply: https://www.jobsthathelp.com/job/milwaukee-ballet-milwaukee-wi-manager-communications-dec/