|Employer||Wildlife In Need Center|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||November 4, 2022|
The Marketing and Administrative Manager for the Wildlife In Need Center works directly with the Development Committee, the Executive Director and the Board of Directors to draft and implement annual fund development and marketing plans that support the mission driven programs of the Center. In addition, this position provides administrative support to the Development Committee, Board of Directors, Executive Committee, and the Executive Director
• In collaboration with the Development Committee, develop and assist with the implementation of annual fundraising plan which includes managing the membership process for WINC
• Provide staff support for the working committees for major special events and manage all events
• Collaborate with education staff on Meet and Greets and other events
• Develop and follow up on opportunities to increase public knowledge about the organization and its activities
• In collaboration with the Development Committee and program managers, develop and disseminate press releases and update social media with appropriate news about the Center
• Manage membership and donor activities
• Work directly with Executive Director on aspects of events and development
• General office duties including phone counseling and admitting patients
• Provide administrative support to the Development Committee, Board of Directors, and Executive Committee
• The Development & Marketing Manager, in collaboration with the Development Committee and Board of Directors, is primarily responsible for administrative support relating to fundraising; Development Committee, Board of Directors, and Executive Committee meeting coordination; and for public relations activities on behalf of the Wildlife In Need Center.
Primary Marketing Accountabilities:
• Promote fundraising activities via multi-media outlets (WINC website, Constant Contact, social media, etc)
• Maintain membership and donor database
Send out membership communications, newsletters, invitations to events, thank you letters, annual appeal, and other mailings
• Ultimate responsibility for all mailings
• Collaborate with the Executive Director mailings design and written message
• When possible, print mailings in house in color displaying professional images and graphic design
• Delegates thank you acknowledgements, GiftWorks entries, and other duties to the part-time clerical assistant
• Work with Development Committee to develop annual fundraising plan
• Develop and carry out plans to ensure the success of major fundraising events
• Provide assistance to plan, organize and manage WINC events (e.g. annual banquet, fine wine and dine event, meet and greets, etc.)
• Collaborate with education staff all aspects meet & greet events and marketing
• Maintain and update organization’s website, website Google analytics, GuideStar listing and Top NFP listings for WINC
• Edit the membership newsletter
• Assist the Development Committee in applying for grants and pursuing grant opportunities
• Maintain communications with media sources to ensure that press releases are disseminated regularly and throughout the communities served
• Author of What’s the Hoot – a monthly email newsletter
• Continually contribute to teamwork environment
Primary Administrative Manager Accountabilities:
• Provide administrative support for the Development Committee, Board of Directors, and
• Executive Committee, including, but not limited to the following:
• Coordinate meetings (meeting room preparation and take down)
• Collect and disseminate meeting documents (before and after meetings)
• Prepare meeting agendas
• Document meeting minutes
• Obtain approval of meeting minutes
• Send meeting invitations and reminders
• Provide assistance to committee members as may be needed
• Perform general office duties including answering the phones, admitting patients, and work with office volunteers
• Make bank deposits
• Provide assistance with other duties as assigned
• Successful candidates will possess a bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field
• Must have experience or very high comfort level in working with data bases.
• Prior exposure to marketing and fund development activities (i.e. special events, grant writing, annual giving, and corporate giving) is desirable.
• A strong team player, demonstrated self-starter and motivational leader with excellent interpersonal skills, requiring minimal supervision and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple tasks.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with a keen attention to detail.
• Demonstrates creativity in coming up with fundraising opportunities and executing events successfully.
• Demonstrated interest in WINC’s mission is a plus.
Previous experience using these programs is a plus, but not required:
• WordPress, or a similar platform to edit websites
• Adobe, Publisher, or a similar graphics software
• Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
This is a full-time salaried position based on experience with a salary range of $28,500 to $37,000 subject to review based upon qualifications. This position reports to the Executive Director. Primary hours are Tuesday through Saturday from 9am-5pm and includes some holidays as well as working events outside those hours occasionally. This position is available immediately.
Click here to learn more or apply.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!