|Employer||Kaiser Family Foundation|
|Location||San Francisco, CA or Washington, DC|
|Apply by||Not specified|
|Posted on||November 10, 2021|
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA or Washington, DC
STATUS: Full-time, Three-year term
PROGRAM AREA: Communications
The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF), a nonprofit organization, is a leader in health policy analysis, polling and survey research, health journalism, and communications. KFF serves as a nonpartisan source of facts, information, and analysis for policymakers, the media, the health care community, and the public.
This is a unique fellowship opportunity in communications for candidates with diverse experiences and backgrounds to join KFF’s communications team and gain broad exposure to the people, strategies, tools, and networks that make our communications strategies happen. The fellow will report to KFF’s Director of Digital Marketing and Web Development, and work closely with the communications team and program staff on digital marketing, events, and more. The position offers a rigorous learning experience and in-depth exposure to the field of communications.
The three-year fellowship provides an experience to sharpen skills needed to implement KFF’s digital marketing efforts, including analyzing and reporting on the effectiveness of KFF’s email, web and social media activity, and using this data for guiding improvements and innovations for engaging with and growing KFF’s audience.
Among the responsibilities of this position are the coordination, management, and administration of KFF’s online events, hosted via Zoom, analysis of web traffic and user engagement patterns across digital platforms, editing and review of KFF email communications, and developing plans to reach potential audiences and grow KFF’s subscriber base.
This is a three-year fellowship program based in KFF’s San Francisco, CA headquarters or its Washington, DC office. It is designed to give the candidate exposure to a wide range of KFF’s communications activities and position the candidate for more senior positions in communications at KFF or elsewhere.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications and includes an excellent benefits package.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Subscriber management of KFF’s CRM database (Hubspot), ensuring smooth execution of email marketing processes and campaigns, as well as list segmentation and maintenance of database accuracy and integrity.
- Edit KFF’s email communications for accuracy and effectiveness; Create emails to promote KFF’s research, interactive tools or events.
- Facilitate KFF webinars (hosted via Zoom), including logistical planning and event marketing.
- Measure, evaluate, and report on web traffic and user engagement patterns across digital platforms, for both internal audiences and external funders.
- Develop, execute, and analyze marketing plans designed to reach KFF’s target audiences and grow its subscriber base.
- Assist in research and evaluation of new digital marketing and social platforms, and seek opportunities to innovate on existing marketing channels, in coordination with KFF’s Digital Strategist.
- Write content, and manage the day-to-day operations and budget, for KFF’s online ads, including a $40,000 monthly Google Ad Grant.
- Support additional communications initiatives in a variety of activities as needed, including website updates, media outreach, and event planning and execution.
Minimum Desired Experience and Skills
- At least two years experience and training in marketing/communications required.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics; Google Tag Manager and/or Google Data Studio, a plus.
- Experience using CRM systems for email marketing and contact management; Hubspot experience preferred.
- Experience writing and editing, particularly for websites. WordPress (or equivalent CMS) experience and basic knowledge of HTML preferred.
- Familiarity with graphic design tools (e.g., Photoshop, Illustrator, Canva), a plus.
- Strong project management and time management skills and the ability to advance several projects simultaneously.
- Experience in health policy, a plus.
- Well-developed organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, flexible, driven, demonstrated ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment.
- Technical acumen and proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please submit the following as separate attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org labeling your documents “Last Name_First Name_Document Title” and including “Marketing Associate Fellowship” in the email subject:
- Cover letter
KFF has an efficient applicant review process and will contact candidates who have applied for this position and whose qualifications most closely fit the criteria for the job. No phone inquiries please.