|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||September 8, 2020|
About Education Week:
Education Week (www.edweek.org), America’s most trusted source of K-12 education news, analysis, and opinion, is a digital-first news operation with a nearly 40-year track record in print and online journalism that is dedicated to raising the level of awareness and understanding among professionals and the public of important issues in American education. We are expert. We are principled. We are welcoming. We are passionate. A leading authority in an ever-evolving space, we bring nearly four decades of experience to our journalism and research without bias or agenda. We offer services that create real impact, providing accessible content and resources that ignite conversations and spark action across the K-12 ecosystem.
Education Week’s parent company, Editorial Projects in Education (EPE), is a non-profit media organization that serves the nation’s leading K-12 policymakers, educators, researchers, marketers and other influencers with informed, independent and highly-respected journalism and research, with the goal of improving U.S. K-12 education.
The Marketing Intern position is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious current student or recent graduate looking for real-world experience in lead generation marketing, email, search-engine marketing, social media marketing, lead nurturing, customer relationship management, and the use of several leading business intelligence platforms. The most important characteristic of this team is flexibility and adaptability. Our job is to help the sales team drive revenue by enhancing their conversations through marketing campaigns.
Ideal candidates will have a basic knowledge and/or interest in the field of Business, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, and/or Journalism; dedicated to the mission of Education Week.
• Assisting in diverse marketing efforts: mass emails, surveys, social media, competitive analysis, search engine marketing (SEM) and optimization (SEO), Web design and content management, ad design, copywriting, proof-reading, research, video marketing, etc.
• Entering, analyzing, reporting, and leveraging website, email, and social media data to support business objectives.
• Writing copy for TopSchoolJobs’ and the Marketing Solutions key social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) and monitoring accounts daily.
• Developing and maintaining communication in a cooperative and professional manner with readers and other members of the education community, clients, vendors, and all levels of staff, treating them all with dignity, respect, and courtesy, taking responsibility for creating an environment of trust and open communication, and addressing any barriers to meeting that goal.
• Participating, with due preparation, in meetings needed to further Education Week products, projects, and priorities.
• Performing a variety of other administrative tasks to support the sales and marketing teams.
• May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree, or in process of obtaining a degree; 1+ years related experience.
• A demonstrated understanding of the fundamentals of marketing and/or advertising.
• Positive attitude, solution orientated, excellent problem-solving skills, proactive demeanor, passion for learning.
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision, good time management, organizational and prioritization skills.
• Excellent communication skills, good team player, willingness to assist others, and share expertise.
• Detail-oriented, deadline-focused, and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Strong desire and ability to embrace and learn new technologies, and ability to think strategically about use of new and emerging technologies.
• Willingness to try new things, ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands, and ability to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Education Week is a vibrant workplace that is conveniently located in the heart of downtown Bethesda, MD. We are within short walking distance of numerous restaurants and shops, the Metro, and are adjacent to The Capital Crescent Trail. We value innovation, leadership, and forward-thinking, and provide a friendly, intellectual, challenging work environment where employees can thrive and grow professionally.
Click here to apply online.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!