|Employer||Downtown Music Publishing|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||November 18, 2020|
Downtown Music Publishing operates in service of extraordinary songs, representing nearly 100 years of popular music. Downtown is the preferred music publishing partner for some of the world’s most beloved songwriters, storied music catalogs and emerging artists at the forefront of pop culture, including John Lennon and Yoko Ono, Booker T. Jones, George Gershwin, Miles Davis, Mötley Crüe, Mos Def, The 1975, Tori Amos, Erroll Garner, Hans Zimmer, John Prine, Ryan Tedder, Benny Blanco, Jimmy Napes, Cautious Clay, Stella Donnelly and The War and Treaty, among others.
Downtown Music Publishing is owned and operated by Downtown Music Holdings, the modern global music company committed to building a more equitable music industry. With operations across North America, Europe, South America, Africa, Asia, and Australia, Downtown brands help millions of creators, rights holders and their partners to manage their music as a business and get paid fairly for their work.
Downtown Music Publishing is looking for a Marketing Intern for our first ever virtual internship program! This internship has been designed as an amazing opportunity for a well-rounded, adaptable aspiring marketer who is passionate about music — with a desire to learn about enhancing a brand’s message through content creation.
What you’ll be doing:
• Providing general support to the marketing/communications team in day-to-day activities
• Drafting or helping create content for use on various digital platforms (e.g. social media, blogs, playlists, newsletters, etc.)
• Contributing to the creation and/or organization of visual content (graphic art, video, etc.)
• Conducting research for use in digital content creation
• Creating and maintaining content calendars, dashboards, and databases
• Recording and organizing data
• A strong written and oral communicator with excellent attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to synthesize complex information, presenting it in a clear, concise, and conversational manner
• Creative at the core, and excited about pitching ideas
• Eager to learn about marketing and content creation in a creative environment
• A highly organized and detail-oriented person
• Proactive and resourceful
• Able to handle multiple concurrent tasks and prioritize work assignments appropriately
• Computer literate, internet and social media savvy, and experienced with G Suite
• A working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator (experience with Adobe Premiere a plus)
• Experience with HubSpot or a similar CMS (not required, but a major plus)
Why you want to work here:
• Paid Internship
• An opportunity to work with some of the most talented professionals in the music industry in a casual and welcoming environment
• Weekly Q&A sessions with each department among a variety of our subsidiary brands
• A collaborative group project connecting the operations of multiple departments at Downtown
Click here to apply online.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!