|Employer||America's Black Holocaust Museum|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||November 10, 2021|
America’s Black Holocaust Museum was founded by Dr. James Cameron. Dr. Cameron is one of few known survivors of lynching in American History. His life experience and passion created ABHM with an interest in educating and sharing. Today, ABHM promotes a space for reconciliation and healing in order to promote a more united community and an equitable world without racism. Our vision is to honor the legacy of our founder, Dr. James Cameron, and the under-told stories of African Americans as an integral part of American history. America’s Black Holocaust Museum, an integrated physical and virtual experience, will continue to serve as a catalyst to educate and create space for reconciliation and healing.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with excellent cross-cultural communication skills, as well as excellent writing and copy-editing abilities.
The current Marketing Manager duties will include:
– Developing marketing strategies for current and new exhibits
– Organizing promotional events and coordinating day-of deliveries and staffing for the event
– Developing social media campaigns and strategies to build the museum brand, including daily visitors and membership.
– Reviewing current marketing campaigns for weaknesses and developing solutions within budget constraints
– Tracking the effectiveness of content to support marketing communication objectives
– Identifying potential new markets and creating a plan to enter the market
– Partnering with institutions such as Visit Milwaukee and other visitor engagement organizations and travel groups.
– Brainstorming fresh advertising ideas with senior management
– Oversee the Media Associate
Education and/or Experience:
– Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related
– Prior Marketing experience preferably in a museum or attraction setting
– High ability to communicate effectively and courteously with people verbally and in writing. Able to work with technology
– Self-starter that is resourceful, creative, and capable of handling multiple projects at one time and meeting deadlines
– Be highly organized
– Professional, polished, and positive attitude and demeanor
– Ability to work harmoniously with a team
– Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently
Job description and responsibilities may change in the future with any updates to the museum.
This position is a full time 40 hr Exempt position. Some teleworking will be authorized but subject to change in the future. The workweek might be working from home 3 days a week and 2 days at the museum on a flexible schedule, and subject to change. Some weekends and evenings are required.
America’s Black Holocaust Museum is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity at all levels.
Salary is $37,000-40,000.
Click here to learn more or apply.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!