|Employer||The Baltimore Sun|
|Apply by||October 15, 2020|
|Posted on||August 24, 2020|
The Baltimore Sun offers an annual paid summer internship that commemorates the work of Mary J. Corey, a veteran reporter and editor who became the first woman to lead The Sun’s newsroom.
THE APPLICATION PERIOD FOR SUMMER 2021 IS NOW OPEN
Application due: Oct. 15, 2020
Finalists will be notified after Nov. 15, 2020
The internship will be awarded during Dec. 2020
ELIGIBILITY & DETAILS
The person selected should have extensive journalism experience, either as a student journalist, or as an intern in a professional newsroom, or a combination of both. The intern will be selected on the basis of journalism qualifications and the degree to which she or he exemplifies the values of Mary Corey.
- The paid internship will be open to rising college juniors and seniors and 2020 graduates.
- Applications are due Oct. 15, 2020. Candidates will be required to write an essay about a journalism project they would like to pursue.
- The selection committee for the internship will include The Sun’s publisher/executive editor, other newsroom staff.
- The selection committee will interview select candidates and make a decision by the end of the year.
- The intern will work in the Sun newsroom for 10-12 weeks sometime between June 1, 2021, and Aug. 31, 2021. (Exact dates will be determined mutually by the intern and Sun editors). Depending on the candidate’s skills and interests, the internship may focus on reporting, visual journalism, data journalism or social media.
- The intern will report to a specific editor during internship, though the intern will be given opportunity to work with multiple editors.
- The intern will be paid $575 per week and will receive a $1,000 housing stipend.
For more information, email Corey Internship coordinator Sam Davis at email@example.com.