|Employer||Badger Volunteers | UW-Madison|
|Apply by||April 23, 2021|
|Posted on||April 7, 2021|
The Badger Volunteers Executive Board (BVEB) supports the Badger Volunteers (BV) program in an expanded and dedicated role. Students engage in a heightened leadership position and serve as a student voice to help guide decisions, generate ideas, and provide feedback in order to ultimately better meet community needs. Executive Board members support essential program operations and also help to make the Badger Volunteers program a more accessible and supportive community.
The Badger Volunteers Executive Board is comprised of 11 Badger Volunteers who provide leadership, direct programming support, and serve on the following committees: Media, Community Development, and Educational Programming. Each committee is chaired by a BV Intern and has 2-3 additional members. The media team member position includes a role on the media committee.
• Co-facilitate team leader and regular volunteer orientations at the beginning of each semester
• Provide ongoing support, including bimonthly check-ins, to a group of team leaders
• Attend annual board planning retreats in August and January
• Attend monthly Badger Volunteer Executive Board meetings, bimonthly one-on-ones with the BV Coordinator, and regular educational programming committee meetings
• Drive the development and distribution of Badger Volunteers-oriented pathways of service engagement and reflection by collaborating with Morgridge Center for Public Service civic engagement staff and interns
• Spearhead campus recruitment and marketing strategy development and outreach
• Develop and implement an annual communication and social media plan with relevant content based on time of year and platform
• Create and distribute the bimonthly Badger Volunteers newsletter
• Work with Badger Volunteers, community partners, and Morgridge Center for Public Service staff to create diverse media resources for future use (videos, photos, etc.)
• Conduct intentional campus outreach and develop partnerships with Student Affairs colleagues, including student organizations and Residence Life
• Collaborate with the educational programming and community development committees to elevate their events and programming through all Badger Volunteers social media outlets
• Track social media engagement and utilize data from to create responsive engagement on all media outlets
• Assume additional responsibilities as appropriate
• Student Status, you are required to be directly enrolled in a minimum of one credit.
• Experience as a volunteer in UW-Madison’s Badger Volunteers (BV) program.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Attention to detail in tracking data
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
• Demonstrates a commitment to the values of equity and responsible community engagement
Click here for the full job-description and to apply online.
Application Deadline—April 23, 2021.