|Employer||WMTV NBC15 - Gray Television|
|Contact email@example.com or 608-443-0220|
|Apply by||November 19, 2021|
|Posted on||August 19, 2021|
WMTV is seeking an experienced meteorologist to join our award-winning news team in Madison, Wisconsin. The successful candidate will have the drive and talent to be number one. You will work with the News Director and Chief Meteorologist to execute our First Alert Weather strategy. The shift includes weekend evenings and three weekdays.
The ideal candidate must be able to produce and deliver dynamic, compelling and understandable forecasts for our newscasts and digital platforms. You must be able to identify and explain the weather story of the day. Accuracy is a must. You will cover severe weather with urgency, while also being reassuring.
Our meteorologists work in a multi-platform environment and contribute daily to our digital platforms, including social media, our weather app, and nbc15.com. Responsibilities also include working directly with the news team to build out our coverage and make it meaningful and relatable to our viewers. Our meteorologists also report in the field. Strong leadership and teamwork is a must.
• Knowledge of WSI Systems.
• At least 2 years of on-air experience as a television meteorologist, certification and a meteorology degree are preferred.
• A strong candidate will have an established and responsible presence on digital platforms, including station website, social media and OTT.
• Understanding of and adherence to AP Style (on digital platforms) and broadcast writing for television.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), proven news judgement, ethics and integrity.
• Strong work ethic, organizational and leadership skills. Must be able to work quickly, make deadlines, multi-task and show composure, especially during active and severe weather.
• A desire to win, initiative, and the ability to reflect on your work and apply feedback.
• Ability to work long hours/overtime, weekends, and overnights as needed for breaking and severe and specialized coverage.
• Our weather team is involved in the newsroom and the community. The person we hire must have a positive attitude and be an ambassador for the station by making personal appearances at community events.