|Employer||Kingo Lutheran Church|
|Posted on||August 26, 2020|
Seeking a Minister of Communications to work with Pastor and staff to support online worship and to tell the story of Kingo Lutheran Church through print, electronic, visual, and social media. Part-time position including Sunday mornings. Knowledge of liturgical worship and strong media skills needed. Position open immediately.
The Minister of Communications collaborates with the Pastor, congregational leadership and staff to communicate the Gospel through print, visual and electronic means. They will work with worship materials, online and in-person, video production, and congregational information tools.
Supervisor: Congregational Pastor
Position Type: Part time. 1-2 days in the office plus Sunday worship. 15 hours per week. Works both remotely and onsite at Kingo.
Responsibilities of all Staff:
1. Support the mission and vision of Kingo, a congregation of the ELCA.
2. Affirm the gifts of other staff and leaders.
3. Work through conflicts in the spirit of love, trust and a hope for resolution.
4. Maintain strict confidentiality around information and appropriate boundaries in relationships.
1. Knowledge of faith- based organizations and the liturgical calendar.
2. Exhibit excellent media, verbal and written skills.
3. Skilled in video editing, preferably with iMovie or similar Mac/Apple editing tools.
4. Proficient in a variety of communication tools including but not limited to Keynote, PowerPoint, tools of Google Drive including shared documents and Google slides, Zoom, and Publisher or equivalent software.
5. Demonstrated leadership in working with volunteers around matters of communications.
6. Experienced in working within a budget.
7. Self-directed and able to prioritize workload within available time.
– Work collaboratively with the pastor, staff and volunteer leaders to produce liturgy, song lyrics/hymn text, images from the pastor and other visual aids to guide people through worship both in person and online.
– Bring creative problem solving to transitioning from all online worship opportunities to balancing post pandemic online and in person worship.
– Produce written materials such as worship programs in various formats when return to in person begins.
2. Congregational Communications
– Write and edit newsletters, calendar announcements and team communications in collaboration with staff and team leaders.
– Work with the church council secretary to support official communications such as council minutes, actions and semi-annual reports to the congregation in both print and electronic formats.
3. Office Operations Coordination
– Work with the Business Manager to assure the smooth operation of the Kingo Office.
– Interact with tenants, visitors and vendors when present in the office.
– Assure that appropriate licenses and releases are maintained.
– Maintain website information.
– Update the church calendar and messaging weekly.
– Propose and implement changes.
– Track utilization and visits to the website.
5. Video production
– Assist in the production of video resources.
– Edit and upload video for online access for worship, church council and team activities such as special appeals, prayer services, and seasonal liturgies.
6. Social Media
– Manage and maintain the online presence of Kingo LC on social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram and Mail Chimp.
– Create engaging content that shares the story of Kingo’s ministry, deepens connections with the worshipping and wider communities, informs of upcoming events, and builds opportunity for participation.
– Work with staff and designated volunteers to set targets and identify strategies.
7. Congregational Teams and Leadership Resource: Pay attention to input and reports from teams and be available as a resource to tell the story of their part in the cycle of blessings.
1. Attend weekly staff meetings. Serve as a resource to other ministries and participate in the life of the congregation.
2. Support the worship experience on Sunday mornings.
3. Serve as a resource and advisor to the technology team.
To apply, click here.