|Employer||KOLN 10/11 Now/ Gray Media|
|Apply by||March 20, 2023|
|Posted on||December 21, 2022|
Morning Show Producer
December 20, 2022
Local4, the NBC affiliate serving Lincoln/Hastings/Grand Island, is looking for a overnight producer to prepare our Local4 Today show from 5:00AM-7:00AM Monday-Friday.
• You will also create compelling content on our digital and social platforms.
• And when the need arises, you will also go out and shoot/write and edit stories.
• You will be based in our Hastings, NE newsroom.
• Most importantly, the person we hire will embrace this opportunity for professional growth and experience. This is where you will really begin to learn your craft. You will research and produce news content on our digital, social media and broadcast platforms with emphasis on the Grand Island, Hastings and Kearney market
• It helps if you have a degree in journalism or a related field.
• It also helps if you know digital, social media and broadcast platforms and can use those platforms to demonstrate Local4’s commitment to hyper-local news coverage.
• And familiarity with Edius editing and ENPS software is a plus.
• But most of all we’re looking for a high level of creativity and communication. That’s important regardless of your background and if you have that, we’d like you to apply.
• Excellent people skills when dealing with coworkers and the public – We all like each other here and want to keep it that way!
• A valid driver’s license, and a satisfactory driving record are requirements. Employment is contingent on driving record check.
• Position would require permanent residence in Hastings or Grand Island, Nebraska.
Produce Local News daily for on-air and digital platforms.
• Develop story ideas and showcasing storytelling
• Using words and visuals to create teases that engage the viewer
• Understand the market and create newscasts that are targeted toward Grand Island, Hastings and Kearney.
• Create a newscast rundown,
• Write teases
• Call sources for new/updated information
• Create graphics to use during newscasts
• Write clearly for multiple platforms on tight deadlines
• Demonstrate creativity and strong editorial judgment
• When the need arises, report/shoot/write/edit stories for digital and broadcast
KSNB-TV, the NBC affiliate serving Central Nebraska, offers full-service newscasts weekdays and weekends. “Local 4” is a growing broadcast and digital brand in the market. Our hyper-local focus on Grand Island-Hastings-Kearney is unmatched and positions us as an innovative leader in Central Nebraska! KSNB, which is based in Hastings, is a rural community rooted in hometown values and civic pride. As a member of the community, you will enjoy a stable economy, meet local artists, shopkeepers and storytellers, while strolling through downtown shops and visiting quaint restaurants and bars. Take advantage of beautiful parks and explore historic housing districts. Become a part of a community that cares. For big city amenities, it’s a convenient 90-mile drive to Lincoln or just 2 hours to Omaha
ABOUT GRAY TELEVISION:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in over 50 markets throughout the country – all delivering the news, weather, sports and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply online at www.gray.tv/applynow
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Only if you don’t have electronic access, please mail your resume to or complete an application at:
Attn: Human Resources
840 North 40th Street
Lincoln, NE 68503
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of KOLN/KGIN’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.