|Employer||News 3 Now|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified - Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||December 30, 2021|
News 3 Now is looking for a Multi-Media Journalist to join our team of ambitious journalists. We’re looking for the next great storyteller with a proven ability to find, create and deliver important content as part of high-quality, high-energy newscasts. We’re looking for someone passionate about news who can cover the big breaking news story as well as they can tell a feature story. Creativity and flexibility are a must.
News 3 Now produces more than 40 hours of television news a week, and we embrace coverage through our app, social, web site and streaming video channels resulting in a digital stronghold position in the market. The right candidate will innovate on TV as well as digital and social channels. We expect our coverage to meet consumers where they are and connect with them in convenient ways.
You could do all of this while working for a family-owned company in one of America’s most livable cities. Madison is consistently ranked as one of the best places to raise a family, one of the best college sports towns, and one of the best places to live, period.
Since 1890, Morgan Murphy Media has been committed to quality journalism. We’ve been honored to win five national Edward R. Murrow Awards from the RTDNA in the past five years, including the top prize for overall excellence in 2016. We are searching for someone that also has an expectation of excellence.
What you’ll do:
• Develop enterprise story ideas that go beyond the press release. We expect our reporters to come to our editorial meetings each day with multiple actionable story ideas.
• Take those ideas and turn them into compelling stories. You’ll need the ability to shoot, write and edit your own pieces. Our ideal candidate will be both skilled at working with a photographer and as an MMJ depending on the assignment.
• Deliver engaging live reports, especially in breaking news situations
• Publish content and engage with audiences through social and digital channels
• Work to develop long-form promotable content that drives viewership.
• Build sources within our community, showing you know how to listen to what interests our viewers.
• Work with management to deliver on audience goals and strategy.
What you’ll bring:
• An open mind and a passion for great journalism
• Experience in both hard news and feature reporting
• Minimum two years experience in broadcast journalism
• Four-year degree in journalism, communications or equivalent field preferred
• Ability to present news stories professionally from a TV studio
• Proficient at posting content to various websites
• Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills
• Working knowledge of newsroom software, camera equipment, and editing systems
• Ability to lift up to 15 lbs. and to sit, walk or stand for long periods
What News 3 Now/WISC-TV offers:
• We’re a dynamic and progressive family-owned business that values our employees, our culture and our community
• Medical, dental, vision, prescription, life, and long-term disability insurance, EAP, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off (vacation, sick, personal, holidays)
We are an equal opportunity employer
Click here to apply online.
Deadline not specified – Apply ASAP!