|Employer||The E.W. Scripps Company | KXLF|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||October 7, 2020|
The E.W. Scripps news station KXLF, Butte Montana’s News Leader is hiring a Multimedia Journalist! The Multimedia journalist is responsible for researching, writing, capturing visual content and editing stories for multiple platforms.
What you’ll do:
• Receives assignment or evaluates news leads and news tips to develop story ideas.
• Gathers and verifies factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research.
• Organizes material, determines slant or emphasis, and writes story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
• Shoots video and still photos to illustrate stories.
• Edits, or assists in editing, videos for all multimedia platforms.
• Appears on television program when conducting taped interview or narration
• Gives live reports from site of event or mobile broadcast unit.
• Work cooperatively with photographer assigned to story, if one is assigned.
• Assist news producer in preparing newscast.
• Assist online staff in preparing for multimedia stories.
• Report, write, capture quality visual content, edit and produce stories for multiple platforms on deadline, such as Internet and digital channels.
What you’ll bring:
• Bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism or related degree or equivalent years of experience
• Minimum of two years of experience
What you’ll need:
• Computer literacy required, including newsroom computer systems.
• Videography and non-linear editing experience preferred.
• Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
• Edit video on Final Cut Pro editing systems, or similar equipment.
• Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills.
• Proficient at posting content to various websites.
• Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
• Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.
Click here to apply online.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!