|Employer||NCR (National Catholic Reporter)|
|Location||Kansas City, MO|
|Apply by||April 5, 2021|
|Posted on||January 20, 2021|
NCR offers a year-long paid fellowship designed to provide recent college graduates with firsthand newspaper experience.
The fellowship application process for 2021 is now open. The application deadline is April 5.
Fellows work as a full-time staff members in the newspaper’s Kansas City, Missouri, headquarters or in a major U.S. city where they live or are based. Fellows gain firsthand experience in a fast-paced virtual newsroom, reporting online news and features, helping with newspaper production, and maintaining NCRonline.org including social media and multimedia. Normal business hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Central time, Monday through Friday. Some work will happen outside normal hours, including evenings and weekends. Fellows receive a monthly stipend.
- Report and write for NCR’s website and print edition as assigned by an NCR editor.
- Help maintain the NCR website under the supervision of the managing editor.
- Participate in the production of the biweekly newspaper, which includes writing news briefs and photo captions, and other duties assigned by the managing editor.
- If interested, fellows may help in the design and layout of print pages.
- If interested, fellows may develop multimedia presentations for the NCR website, including podcasts, videos, etc.
- Working with the NCR news editor, fellows will set goals based on interests.
The fellowship program begins in late July/early August 2021 and runs for a year, ending in late July/early August 2022.
Send a cover letter, a resumé and three writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the cover letter, explain how you learned of this opportunity and why you think you would be a good fit for NCR. If selected for an interview, applicants will be asked to provide references.