|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||November 1, 2021|
WQRF and WTVO in Rockford, Illinois is searching for a seasoned journalist to join our dynamic anchor team. We’re looking for an anchor with a passion for tracking down lead stories. We want an energetic leader who wants to mentor MMJ’s in the newsroom and can deliver everything from hard news to features. You must excel in ad-lib and breaking news situations, have excellent news judgement and want to WIN the big story on every platform.
The News Anchor serves as the primary presenter of news stories and other content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
Job Duties include:
• Presents news stories and other content for all platforms
• Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Writes and delivers news stories in a clear and concise manner
• Communicates clear direction with team members.
• Assists in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating news programming and other content.
• Acts as a field reporter as assigned.
• Conducts interviews with news personnel and others.
• Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
• Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Edits video clips as assigned.
• Writes content for the website and other digital platforms.
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
Work experience and education required for position:
• Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
• Experience in news reporting or anchoring.
• Excellent news judgment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
• Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
• Flexibility to work any shift.
Special Skills Required:
• Fluency in English.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
• Superior on-air presence.
Click here to apply online.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!