|Location||Cedar Rapids, IA|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||January 12, 2021|
KCRG-TV9 is seeking an anchor/reporter/producer to join the most watched news team in eastern Iowa.
This position is great for someone with newsroom experience looking to break into on-air reporting and/or anchoring or who likes to dabble in a little of everything. The shift includes producing and co-anchoring weekend morning newscasts and producing and reporting two days during the week.
We are a strong news market – particularly if you love political news with the Iowa Caucuses. Our station is built on being a trusted source for strong journalism and are looking for someone excited by covering important news stories to join that legacy. Cedar Rapids is a growing city that also feeds off the nearby University of Iowa and is an easy drive to Chicago, Minneapolis or St. Louis but without the high cost of living and traffic!
If you’re a self-starter who is willing to work hard to become a great journalist, we want to help you accomplish your goals as part of a tremendous team.
General responsibilities include (but not limited to):
– Write and produce newscasts covering the top local and national headlines
– Anchor newscasts, presenting information clearly and professionally
– Find and develop news stories around information and events in the area
– Creatively shoot, write and edit locally-produced news reports
– Write and post stories and videos for the station digital platforms
– Maintain high journalistic standards in line with station brand and goals
– Professional newsroom experience
– Bachelor’s degree or higher in Journalism, Mass Communications or related field or equivalent professional experience
– Previous on-air experience preferred
Click here to apply online. Search for the station call letters (KCRG-TV) and attach your resume.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!