|Employer||WMTV NBC15 - Gray Television|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||December 28, 2020|
We have an immediate opening for a News and Digital Content Producer who can take our newscasts to the next level. This person will report to and work closely with the News Director and Executive Producer in shaping and ensuring the execution of our digital-first strategy on all platforms (website, social media, our news and weather apps, OTT and television). You must be an innovator, who can see the big picture, as well as someone who is a stickler for the details, writing conversationally (for TV) and with AP Style (for digital). Producing engaging and error-free work is the expectation here.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
• Acts with urgency and immediacy to research, write and post copy daily on all platforms, including NBC15.com and social media, as new information is learned.
• Identify opportunities for live streaming on our website and Facebook, getting live and user-generated content to our News Now Desk, and sending push alerts to extend the reach of our work.
• Ensure story selection and placement fits newsroom standards for vision and growth.
• Understand our DMA, key target audiences and where they live.
• We prefer a college degree in journalism or related field, and at least one or more years of newsroom or digital producing experience.
• Strong research skills, ability to employ critical thinking skills to dig and go “beyond the press release” and/or confirm incoming news tips via email or social media.
• Must be able to work quickly and multi-task under deadline pressure and breaking news.
• Ability to work long hours, weekends, and overnights for breaking news and specialized coverage.
• Must have a desire to win, a positive attitude, and the ability to reflect on your work and apply feedback.
• A strong candidate will have an established and responsible presence on digital platforms, including station website, social media and OTT.
• Working knowledge of CMS and Digital platforms, including Clickability or ARC, Social News Desk and CrowdTangle. Photoshop experience is a plus.
• Understanding of and adherence to AP Style.
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
Click here to apply online.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!