|Location||Cedar Rapids, IA|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||January 12, 2021|
KCRG-TV9 is seeking a reporter/producer to join the top-rated, legacy station covering Eastern Iowa.
This position is great for someone with strong work ethic and the drive to grow their career in journalism. This is an opportunity to jump from a small market or to get your foot in the door on-camera. This presents an opportunity to grow in all facets of TV journalism. The shift includes general assignment reporting 3 days per week and producing 2 newscasts per week.
We are a strong news market – particularly if you love political news with the Iowa Caucuses. Our station is built on being a trusted source for strong journalism. We are looking for someone excited about covering important news stories to join that legacy.
Cedar Rapids is a growing city that also feeds off the nearby University of Iowa and is an easy drive to Chicago, Minneapolis or St. Louis but without the high cost of living and traffic!
If you’re a self-starter who is willing to work hard to become a great journalist, we want to help you accomplish your goals as part of a tremendous team.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
– Find and develop news stories around information and events in the area.
– Creatively shoot, write and edit locally-produced news reports.
– Write and produce newscasts covering the top local and national headlines.
– Write and post stories and videos for the station digital platforms.
– Maintain high journalistic standards in line with station brand and goals.
– Bachelor’s degree or higher in Journalism, Mass Communications or related field or equivalent professional experience.
– Previous newsroom experience a plus.
– Previous on-air experience a plus.
Click here to apply online. Search for the station call letters (KCRG-TV) and attach your resume.