|Contact information||Barbara Allen HR Coordinator 503-445-1885 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Apply by||March 4, 2021|
|Posted on||February 5, 2021|
Create and collaborate on diverse and engaging visual stories with our team! OPB is a national leader in original award-winning programming and we’re hiring a Senior Camera Operator/Editor to join us as we travel across our region to spark conversation, connect with communities and explore this place we call home. From historical documentaries to the creative process of regional artists – you’ll make unique, impactful visual stories for multi-platform distribution.
The Senior Camera Operator/Editor captures and edits stories that cover a wide variety of topics in accordance with the production value norms in practice at OPB. Working closely with producers, this position presents video in a variety of styles, lengths and formats for distribution on several platforms including digital, social media and television.
• Camera Operating and Lighting: Work with the producer to coordinate and shoot stories. Utilize creative skills in lighting and composition to bring the production to fruition.
• Video Editing and delivery: Collaborate with producers to bring their vision for the project to life. Work quickly and efficiently to complete projects in a manner that enhances the vision of the producer and keeps a project on schedule and on budget. Maintain a high level of competence with the edit systems, primarily Adobe Premiere. This would include work flows related to OPB’s asset management system.
• Produce stories and essays, work on promos and in-house video and editing projects. Occasional production work in a studio.
• Production planning: Identify production needs; identify equipment and related needs. Work with producers and crew to ensure OPB production values are maintained. Evaluate technical requirements for field productions. Help maintain production equipment as required.
• Keep abreast of technical and production developments in video production and help disseminate that information to others. Adapt to new technologies as needed.
• Five years’ experience shooting and editing in a variety of formats and lengths, and with a variety of cameras. Demonstrated skill as a video editor and storyteller.
• A creative eye for storytelling and the ability to work closely with producers and on camera subjects.
• Experience with documentary production and long form interview style as well as detailed sequencing.
• Experience with lighting and lighting equipment for video photography.
• A strong technical understanding of cameras, sound gear, and Adobe Creative Suite software and file management, especially Premiere, Audition and After Effects
• Experience communicating and tailoring messages to varying audiences
• Current driver’s license and clean driving record.
• Experience using music to complement video in an edited story.
• Keen interest in arts and culture.
• Enthusiasm for and understanding of the mission of OPB and for the role of public media in a changing media environment.
Visit http://www.opb.org/careers and open the link, ‘Senior Camera Operator/Editor’ to view the full job-description and apply online.
Application Deadline—March 4, 2021 at 11PM CST.