|Employer||Wisconsin LGBT Chamber of Commerce|
|Location||Madison, WI (or anywhere in South Central WI)|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||February 15, 2023|
The Outreach Coordinator, South Central Wisconsin, will serve as the brand ambassador for the Wisconsin Chamber in South Central Wisconsin by organizing and attending events in the region, and finding new and innovative ways for the Chamber to have a presence in the area. This position will be responsible for representing the organization at community events, promoting membership and its benefits, and helping support existing members experience within the Chamber. Primary cities in the region include Madison, Janesville, Beloit, Platteville, Baraboo, and more.
This position reports to the Membership & Events Director. This is a salaried position. While this position is full-time, 40 hours a week, this is not just a 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. job. Some early mornings and evenings are required. This position will be based in South Central Wisconsin. The individual selected must have reliable transportation and be able to travel around the state to attend events and meetings.
Major Duties & Tasks:
• Representing the Chamber at various community and business events, including researching opportunities, setting up and staffing exhibitor booths and tables, and serving as a local ambassador by attending events
• Planning and executing regular Coffee Connection events in region, including find and securing hosts, and staffing events
• Identifying and recruiting businesses to join the Wisconsin LGBT Chamber
• Promoting Chamber events and programs to businesses through direct outreach
• Maintaining and updating Chamber database of members within respective region
• Following up on membership renewal invoices with businesses
• Assisting Membership & Events Director in planning and executing signature events
• Planning, executing, and supporting additional events within the respective region, including Lunch & Learns, Business Development Workshops, and more
• Provide general membership assistance to businesses
• Tracking and reporting on engagement and interactions with members
• Other duties as assigned to support the growth and success of the Wisconsin LGBT Chamber
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA) Qualifications:
• Be able to clarify specifics, highlight what’s important, and respond appropriately
• Ability to go right to the bottom line and see the big picture
• Maintain order and create systems that reduce inconsistencies
• Willingness to take on challenges and be deadline driven
• Ability to improvise when problem solving, brainstorm possibilities, and try alternatives
• Willingness to speak spontaneously about the Chamber and promote programs and offerings
• Desire to promote experimentation, go against the odds and brainstorm possibilities
• Willingness to travel to events across region and Wisconsin to promote the Chamber and its members
• Able to work well independently under own direction and as part of a team
• Must possess a spirit of cooperation and enthusiasm
• Must be committed to the vision and values of the Wisconsin LGBT Chamber of Commerce
• Must be committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the community and the workplace
• Must be willing to work some nights and weekends as needed
• Must be able to safely lift up to 20 pounds – the Outreach Coordinator may be expected to carry items such as folding tables, chairs, boxes of giveaway items, signage and more to events and programs
• Must have reliable transportation that will allow the Outreach Coordinator to travel to and attend events within their region
Working Conditions: This position will be required to based in South Central Wisconsin and work remotely, with frequent travel expected around the region and the state for in-person events and meetings. Reimbursement is provided for travel.
Compensation: This is a salaried position. Salary is $45,000 to $50,000 a year, plus benefits including unlimited PTO, 401(k) with employer match, monthly contribution to Individual Coverage Health Reimbursement Arrangement, and more.
This is a grant funded, fixed term position. The position is set to run through December 31, 2024.
Go here to learn more or apply.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!