|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||March 7, 2023|
Are you a people and relationship person? VISIT Milwaukee is seeking an intern to assist our busy partnership department with relationship building and special events management.
VISIT Milwaukee’s partnership department discovers, builds, and tends relationships with the SE Wisconsin business community to connect them to the benefits of tourism. VISIT Milwaukee partnership provides tools to partner hospitality businesses to market themselves to Milwaukee visitors and convention attendees. Benefits to marketing partners include sponsorship and advertising opportunities, enhanced website presence, inclusion in the online calendar of events, social media promotional opportunities, educational seminars on hospitality issues and networking events for the hospitality community.
The intern will be assigned special projects and duties as determined by the supervisor to support and assist the VISIT Milwaukee partnership development department.
This position will assist the partnership team in identifying prospects and leads, servicing existing partners, assisting with special events, and other duties and projects as determined by the goals of the internship.
Intern responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assist with the development and management of a prospecting database of hospitality businesses in the seven county greater Milwaukee region.
• Assist with the planning, registration, and execution of special events and programs including partner outreach and communication.
• Special projects and opportunities as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Must be currently enrolled in an accredited academic institution with a major in business, communications, hospitality/event planning, or a related field.
• Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Prior customer service experience and hospitality industry experience preferred.
Required skills, knowledge, and abilities:
• Experience in Microsoft 365 2022, databases, and aptitude to learn new programs/software.
• Exceptional knowledge of the greater Milwaukee area including attractions, arts and cultural institutions, events, restaurants, etc.
• Strong commitment to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. Ability to present to diverse audiences, specifically, racially, ethnically, and socioeconomically diverse communities.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication, customer service skills, and the ability to convey information in a positive manner.
• Keen attention to detail, the ability to coordinate multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines.
• Ability to sit at desk, operate computer keyboard and view computer screen for six to eight hours per day.
• Must be able to hear and converse via telephone and in person.
• May be required to lift boxes and small equipment up to 50 pounds in weight.
• Travel in personal automobile may be required for business.
• Work schedules will be determined by the supervisor and the intern, and will be during normal business hours, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Click here to learn more and apply.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!