|Apply by||Not specified|
|Posted on||August 2, 2022|
CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to over 400 million homes worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC’s highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries. CNBC also delivers content across a variety of digital platforms such as: CNBC.com; CNBC PRO, a premium service that provides in-depth access to Wall Street; a suite of CNBC mobile apps for iOS and Android devices; Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice interfaces; and streaming services including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Samsung Smart TVs. CNBC is a division of NBCUniversal, which is owned by Comcast Corporation.
CNBC Digital is looking for a general assignment reporter to join our politics team, backing up reporting in the White House, Congress and federal elections. The ideal candidate will be a clean, fast and accurate writer, with a natural curiosity for how Washington works and what and who is driving policy. This person could cover a White House press briefing one minute, followed by an Elon Musk tweet, criminal indictment or public protest the next.
- Generating original story ideas and developing fresh angles for reported pieces on the big stories of the day.
- Filing accurate and fast copy.
- Maintaining an active presence on social media.
- Using and cultivating sources and contacts to bring home exclusive news.
- Sharing information with broader CNBC network in a timely fashion.
- Being a self-starter hungry to break news, eager to jump on the day’s biggest talkers, pitch and report stories that are original, sharp and distinct.
- A minimum of three years of experience as a reporter, preferably covering politics.
- Proven track record of filing accurate and clean stories in a fast-paced, real-time news environment.
- A collaborative demeanor with experience working and coordinating with multiple teams and across multiple platforms: social media, TV and digital video.
- The ability to perform in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment.
- Strong writing, reporting, social media and technical skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including mornings, evenings, and/or weekends as news breaks.
- Must be highly motivated, extremely organized, detail-oriented, and possess outstanding communication and coordination skills.
- BA or college-level equivalent.
- Cross-platform experience on radio or TV is a plus.
- Experience at a major online news site, daily financial publication or political desk of a large daily newspaper.
- Passionate about digital story-telling and creating the best reader experience online.
- Ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news.
- Solid understanding of web standards and SEO.
What we’ll offer:
At our Washington D.C. location, you’ll have access to great perks and amenities:
- Sweat it out – Free onsite fitness center
- In the action – The D.C. bureau is in the shadow of the U.S. Capitol building, ideal for catching the newsmakers and lawmakers just in time for your next story
- Commuter’s Dream – The bureau is located just steps from Union Station, a central transportation hub
- Extras – Our Capitol Hill location is close to dozens of popular lunch options and high-end dinner spots