|Location||Virtual or Milwaukee, WI|
|Apply by||December 12, 2022|
|Posted on||November 21, 2022|
Position: PR and Social Media Intern
Reports to: Account Manager
Employment Status: Temporary (Intern)
Duration: Mid-January through late May 2023
Hours: Part-time; 12-15 hours per week
Compensation: $17/hour; Potential for school credit – contact school academic advisor for details. Interns to provide their own computer.
Job location: Virtual and/or 250 E. Wisconsin, Suite 1200, Milwaukee, WI 53202
How to apply:
Submit a resume, letter of recommendation and three writing samples to email@example.com by December 12, 2022.
Kane Communications Group is a results-driven public relations and marketing firm based in Milwaukee, Wis. We focus on delivering business results through research-based strategic planning, public and community relations, brand development, digital and traditional marketing, content development, video production, internal communications and more. Visionary leaders count on Kane for everything from crisis communications and reputation management to integrated marketing campaigns and brand development.
Kane enables team members to put their talents and expertise to work and be involved in shaping the future of the business. We are seeking a well-rounded, organized individual to join our team as a public relations and social media intern.
As a Kane public relations and social media intern, you will have the opportunity to get hands-on experience with a variety of projects – from employee communications and events to media relations, social media, marketing, content development and video production. You will learn how to ask questions to define successful outcomes for communications projects, measure results, develop media lists and manage deadlines. You must have excellent communication skills, demonstrate creativity, be detail-oriented, be comfortable working on deadlines and operate and dress professionally. You also must be comfortable asking questions, being proactive and learning by doing.
- Develop content for newsletters, websites and social media
- Conduct interviews to gain client insights and gather story ideas
- Write articles, case studies, key messages and more
- Conduct media research on reporters, topics and trends
- Draft media materials including media advisories, press releases and media kits
- Create graphics and flyers for newsletter, websites and social media
- Identify story angles and create interview preparation materials
- Research and write award nominations
- Prepare and submit media coverage reports
- Prepare social media analysis reports
- Update and maintain content calendars
- Create and update media databases
- Develop knowledge of Meltwater (a tool for media relations) to build media lists, track relationships and coverage
- Assist with planning and implementation of special events
- Other duties as assigned
- Applicants must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Applicants must be a college junior or senior
- Applicants who have completed communications coursework are preferred
- Applicants should be proficient in Google Docs and Sheets (or MS Office equivalent)
- Applicants should be a master of AP Style and be able to apply it within PR tactics
- Applicants must be available to work up to 10-15 hours per week between hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. CT (flexible)
- Applicants must have their own laptop, access to strong internet connection and transportation
- Applicants should be available to start mid-January and be able to work through the end of May 2023.