|Location||New York, NY|
|Apply by||Not specified|
|Posted on||June 22, 2022|
Hallie Jackson NOW on NBC News Now pushes to be on top of the news, jumping on developing and late-breaking stories which means we’re looking for a Production Assistant who thrives in a fast-paced, quickly-changing and deadline-driven team environment.
Get in touch if you love to edit video, work with graphics and want to jump-start your career in journalism.
But hurry. We’ve got a lot to do.
This position is represented by the NewsGuild-CWA.
- Work closely with Associate Producers and Producers by assisting them in editing video and graphics
- Help research and fact-check stories with speed and accuracy
- Pitch smart and engaging stories for daily and future segments that will resonate with our audience
- Keep a constant eye on show rundowns to make sure our video and graphics are in place, accurate and current
- Find and edit the best video and sound for assigned stories
• You’ve worked in broadcast, digital or cable, including internships, for at 2+ years
• You know how to edit video on Premiere and/or Avid
• You’ve got an interest and passion for journalism and are up on the latest news across multiple subject areas
• You are able to handle multiple projects with attention to detail under intense deadline
• You live for the moments when news is breaking and time to air is short
• You thrive working in a collaborative team environment
• You have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• You are willing to work in New York, New York
– Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
– Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
– Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• You pay attention to the details of everything you work on
• You’re ready to jump in on projects as they come up