|Employer||Marquee Sports Network|
|Apply by||Not specified|
|Posted on||February 18, 2021|
Marquee Sports Network is looking for a team-first, ambitious, and creative Production Assistant to help create content for our broadcast platform during the Cubs season. The PA will work under the Producers and alongside all members of the production staff to assist in accomplishing our daily tasks for air under tight deadlines.
- Logging and archiving video
- Editing video elements for air
- Assisting editors in finding specific video and sound for higher end montages
- Pitching creatives ideas to enhance all aspects of our broadcasts
- Creating highlights for our shows along with writing shot sheets
- BA in Digital Media, Broadcasting, Journalism, or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience is preferred
- Video editing experience is preferred
- Strong understanding of the Cubs roster and the intricacies of baseball
- Excellent communication skills
- Excels under tight deadlines
- Organized with an attention to detail
- Team player, willing to collaborate and take direction from producers
- Ambitious to learn and expand skillset when receiving training
- Must be willing to work weekends, nights and some holidays (schedule built around live sports events hours)
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Employee is regularly required to stand or sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard reach
- Ability to work in an office environment with moderate noise
- Ability to work remotely
- Ability to perform computer work for an extended period of time
- May be requested to work non-business hours and weekends for special job-related events
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow other instructions and perform other work-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Marquee Sports Network is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace!
Marquee Sports Network is the exclusive television home of the Chicago Cubs in partnership with Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI). It is the Chicago-region’s exclusive network for fans to view live Cubs games beginning with the 2020 Major League Baseball season and features extensive pre and postgame coverage, exclusive Cubs content and other local sports programming. Marquee Sports Network brings together one of the most iconic sports franchises in the country with one of the largest television broadcasting companies to deliver unprecedented Cubs coverage for fans.
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.