|Apply by||October 25, 2021|
|Posted on||October 12, 2021|
The Program & Marketing Assistant at the Westown Association is a full-time, professional, salaried position focused on the support of the overall Westown operation. This individual reports to the Executive Director, but also provides support to the Marketing & Events Coordinator, board of directors and committees.
*Consideration will be made for December 2021 graduates to begin on a part-time basis until after graduation.
Assist the Marketing & Events Coordinator with general marketing and events tasks that may include:
• Preparing social media content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
• Maintaining content on westown.org, saintpatricksparade.org and mkenightmarket.com
• Maintaining media and event contact lists
• Assistance with planning yearly membership meeting, membership mixers and special meetings as needed
• Assistance with planning tasks for special events including the Milwaukee Night Market, St. Patrick’s Day Parade and Westown Golf Open
• Day of event support for events such as the Milwaukee Night Market, St. Patrick’s Day Parade and Westown Golf Open
• General office and administration functions including answering phones, greeting guests, office maintenance, opening mail, mass mailings, filing, meeting preparation, errands and other projects as assigned by Executive Director and Marketing & Events Coordinator
• Schedule board and committee meetings, send out meeting notices and handouts and take meeting minutes
• Maintain office supplies and equipment
• Maintaining databases
• Oversee member processing
• General bookkeeping. Familiarity with QuickBooks helpful, but not required.
• Provide support for annual audits
• Ability to troubleshoot basic computer and software issues or work with IT support vendor to resolve as needed
• Representing the Westown Association at various meetings as directed by Executive Director (some may occur outside of the traditional workday)
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution*
• Strong written & oral communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Organized, detail-oriented, capable of managing multiple tasks and solving problems
• Self-starter who is energetic, outgoing & learns quickly
• Ability to work with a variety of people from diverse backgrounds
• Ability to work under and manage deadlines
• Experience with various social media platforms
• Experience with Microsoft Office programs.
• Experience with QuickBooks, Constant Contact and Adobe programs helpful, but not required
• Familiarity with downtown Milwaukee is helpful
• Ability to lift objects of various sizes and weights up to 50lbs and to be on your feet for long hours on event days.
• Ability to attend meetings and events outside the traditional workday when necessary
• Upon being hired, Westown Association will require proof of COVID-19 vaccination or for the individual to disclose a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated
Click here to learn more and apply.
Application Deadline—October 25, 2021.