|Employer||Waukesha County Business Alliance|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||November 17, 2022|
About Our Organization: The Waukesha County Business Alliance, Inc., a private, member-driven organization, has been the voice of business since its founding in 1918 as the Waukesha Association of Commerce. Today the Alliance has evolved into a countywide chamber of commerce representing over 1,200 member businesses and community organizations. Its mission is to drive economic growth in Waukesha County and the region by fostering a vibrant business community through four pillars: Advocate, Develop, Engage and Grow.
The Programs and Marketing Associate is an entry-level position supporting the Alliance’s workforce development programs. Our workforce development efforts focus on fostering effective business-education partnerships to support career awareness and attract, develop, and retain talent in Southeast Wisconsin.
The Programs & Marketing Associate is responsible for supporting the success of all business- education programs hosted by the Waukesha County Business Alliance.
• Successful execution of Alliance business-education programs, such as:
Schools2Skills™ tours. Industry Expos. Careers Uncovered.
• Plan and implement business-education programs under the guidance of the Senior Vice
• President, Strategic Initiatives & Workforce.
• Participate in and coordinate planning committees that support the programs and initiatives.
• Prepare program timelines and check in with task owners to keep planning on schedule.
• Be available to attend programs as needed and assigned.
• Assist and backup to the Senior Vice President, Strategic Initiatives & Workforce.
• Collaborate with K-12 districts, post-secondary institutions and businesses to support the development of effective career-based learning experiences/programs.
• Build relationships with schools and workforce development resources and develop insights and expertise to provide recommendations for future programs.
• Support the Alliance’s Education Steering Council and related subcommittees and activities.
• Enter and maintain/update program information in the Alliance database.
• Attend industry and community programs, as assigned, to learn best practices, review potential speakers and gain experience about the format and structure of other successful events and programs.
• Become proficient with the Alliance database.
• Contribute to the Alliance’s member retention process.
• Provide support to the Waukesha County Center for Growth on talent development issues, challenges and opportunities in our region.
• Support entire Alliance team as needed.
• Proven written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to use effective time management skills with multiple skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop relationships and communicate with all levels of business management.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Positive, creative and solution-focused working relationships with team members.
• Ability to complete Word/Excel mail merges.
• Valid driver’s license.
• 1-2 years of relevant experience, or an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in a related field.
• Proficient in Microsoft Suite and/or comparable software, and data entry software.
• Ability to matin strict confidence and exhibit professionalism.
• The Programs & Marketing Associate role is a full-time, salaried position. The hours to be worked will generally take place between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
• Individual must also be available for occasional early morning and/or evening Alliance events and programs as needed. Salary commensurate with experience.
Position Reports to: Senior Vice President, Strategic Initiatives & Workforce.
Click here to learn more or apply.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!