|Apply by||October 12, 2020|
|Posted on||September 8, 2020|
The Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting seeks general and education interns throughout the year, generally for six- to 12-month terms to get the word out about our international reporting projects, with the aim of increasing the reach of our projects and expanding the debate around the international issues they cover.
Upcoming full-time internship opportunities and application deadlines: Spring/Summer 2021 General Internship: Applications due October 12, 2020
Our interns are in the thick of it all: posting content, getting the word out on events, brainstorming ways to broaden the reach of the journalists’ work, and more!
The general intern’s main responsibilities include:
• Build and post stories from our journalist grantees for our newly redesigned website
• Assist with event coordination and participate in events such as Talks @ Pulitzer, film festivals and gallery exhibitions that further promote the work of Pulitzer Center journalist grantees and expand the public’s awareness of global affairs
• Support production of multimedia and related media assets of journalists’ projects
• Contribute to and maintain our online profiles, social networking sites and channels (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and the YouTube Channel)
• Assist in design and distribution of event flyers and promotional materials
• Write and post blogs related to reporting content, events and news about the Pulitzer Center
Applicants should have an interest in, and familiarity with, current international affairs, and the news media landscape. Excellent copy-editing and design skills a plus, as is competence with Excel.
Not required but desirable: familiarity with HTML, familiarity with strategic influencers who can help draw attention to our reporting, and experience with increasing web traffic through campaigns such as Google Adwords and social networking sites.
Click here to find out more and learn how to apply.
Application Deadline—October 12, 2020.