|Employer||University of Wisconsin Press|
|Contact information||Anne McKenna, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Apply by||December 1, 2022|
|Posted on||November 15, 2022|
The student in this part-time position directly assists the Rights & Permissions Manager of the University of Wisconsin Press in matters related to granting permission for UWP publications and various other duties, such as:
• Reviewing contracts to determine the right to grant permission for reuse of book chapters or journal articles, composing permissions letters, tracking payments, and updating the database.
• Serving as the contact for digital piracy issues, sending take-down notices, corresponding with authors, following up with offending websites.
• Reviewing marketing questionnaires and updating foreign rights possibilities on spreadsheet.
• Compiling out-of-print letters from templates, copying, scanning, and sending out to authors.
• Various other special projects related to rights and permissions.
The position requires intensive collaboration with the Rights & Permissions Manager as well as some interaction with authors and editors. We are seeking a graduate or advanced undergraduate student for the position. Along with the ability to collaborate in a professional manner, the position demands:
• Comfort with Microsoft Office (particularly MS Excel and MS Word)
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work independently on multiple projects
• Comfort with business and scholarly correspondence
• Ability to prepare letters and other written work carefully and expeditiously
Submit a resume and cover letter describing your qualifications to Rights & Permission manager Anne McKenna at email@example.com.
Student can arrange for course credit for an internship if they wish, or simply work as a part-time job.
Exact Location: Memorial Library, 728 State Street, 4th floor