|Location||Remote (Chicago, IL + NYC)|
|Apply by||September 30, 2020|
|Posted on||September 10, 2020|
McPherson Strategies is a boutique agency focused on the intersection of communications and social impact. Our clients include corporations, social businesses, nonprofits, social entrepreneurs and foundations.
We’re on the lookout for a paid intern for the Social Impact Fellowship who can help us drive meaningful results for our clients in the social impact space. The role would require a minimum of 15 hours per week (with the potential for more), with the expectation that you allot at least one half hour per day to respond to any time-sensitive emails.
Location: Our team is remote, but we’re all about communication and collaboration. Most of our team is based in New York, and we also have a presence in Chicago and Atlanta.
• Work with Account Manager to track deadlines and capture status updates for client activities (events, awards, media, etc.).
• Conduct thorough research, including vetting potential partners, developing target lists and analyzing industry competitors.
• Discover, vet and pursue strategic opportunities to get clients visibility.
• Manage outreach and prepare submission materials for conferences and awards, including drafting topic proposals.
• Draft social media posts.
• When possible, participate in client and internal calls, taking notes and providing call prep materials as needed.
• Provide additional administrative and research support as needed.
• A self-starter attitude
• Strong writing chops and critical thinking skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to adapt to changing conditions, assignments and deadlines
• Top-notch research skills and the ability to present information in a digestible way
• The ability to work effectively with a remote team
• A strong work ethic and a commitment to providing quality work to McPherson Strategies teams and clients
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment (preferred)
Sound like you? Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Social Impact Fellow/Internship” in the subject line.
Application Deadline—September 30, 2020.