|Employer||Friends of Devil's Lake State Park|
|Contact information||Nick Wilkes, Marketing Chair, Friends of Devil's Lake State Park firstname.lastname@example.org | 608.556.1135|
|Apply by||March 1, 2021|
|Posted on||February 20, 2021|
The Friends of Devils Lake State Park seek an inspired, talented and motivated Social Media Director to increase public awareness of our efforts and share stories about the Friends and Devil’s Lake State Park. The Director will create, coordinate and publish content on social media networks (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter), and work with member volunteers to help with the same. Click here to learn more about our organization.
Roles & Duties:
Social Media Director responsibilities include publishing at least five high-quality posts each week to our social media platforms, responding to followers and tracking user engagement. The Social Media Director will work with the Board liaison to establish and maintain a consistent brand image.
To be successful in this role, you should have excellent photography and writing skills, and have experience posting on multiple social networks in a organizational context.
Ultimately, you will assist the organization in developing a strong online voice and ensure a brand consistent with our marketing goals.
Job Roles Breakdown:
• 30% – On-site Photography and Videography at Devil’s Lake State Park
Visit the Park regularly (minimum once/week) to develop current visual content including relevant still images or video for use on various social media sites.
Still and/or video content will include a wide variety of topics, including social events, sports & recreation, wildlife, landscape, Park staff, Park projects, portraits of stakeholders (Park staff, visitors, Friends members, etc.)
Attend most Friends events to capture imagery and video
• 25% – Copywriting
Compose compelling social media posts that encourage commentary and engagement
Use copy to connect images in a meaningful way to the larger story of the Friends and the Park
Tag topics, collaborators and partners as appropriate
• 15% – Research
Continually develop new ideas for rich, engaging content on a wide variety of Park-related topics
Stay abreast of current events
• 15% – Communications & Coordination
Establish and develop relationships with content sources
Coordinate with member volunteers interested in contributing content
Introduce new Marketing committee volunteers to current standards, processes, schedule, etc.
• 15% – Publishing
Publish copy and image content – created by self and members – via Hootsuite platform
Tailor and optimize messages for each platform (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
Respond to public comments, with assistance from Social Media chair and members
• Required Tools
• Adobe Suite software (Lightroom, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) – or similar
• Good quality camera
• Familiar with and active in Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter
• Able to photograph and video natural history, visitor activities, and social events at Devil’s Lake
• Solid writing skills, including the ability to compose clear, well-written posts with good grammar and spelling and engaging stories
• Familiar with and curious about Devil’s Lake State Park and current Park news
• Experienced using Google Suite platforms (Docs, Sheets, Drive)
• Previous experience managing communications for a business, government or non-profit organization
• Photo/video skills to include aesthetic composition, image library management and digital image processing abilities
• Qualities of Strong Candidates
• Exhibit strong enthusiasm for and familiarity with Devil’s Lake State Park
• Visit Devil’s Lake regularly and read about current political, social and recreation events involving the Park
• Comfortable approaching and engaging with Park visitors
• Possess strong creativity in developing new content topics of interest to the Friends’ audience
• Get paid for visiting Devil’s Lake State Park and getting to know it better!
• Support the Friends of Devil’s Lake State Park, a 501(c)3 Non-Profit organization
• Meet a variety of DLSP stakeholders
• Free annual Wisconsin State Parks pass included with position
• Work from home when you are not visiting the Park
Season | 3-month trial period with possibility for renewal
Hours | Flexible according to your schedule
Pay | $600/month for 20 high-quality posts and associated tasks
Start Date | March 15th, 2021
Reports to | Social Media Director, Friends of Devil’s Lake State Park
Click here to apply online.
Application Deadline-March 1, 2021.