|Employer||Sarah Best Strategy|
|Location||Remote (Must be located in WI or IL)|
|Apply by||December 31, 2022|
|Posted on||November 18, 2022|
Priority will be given to UW-Madison students who are work study eligible, although all students may apply. Please indicate your eligibility in your cover letter. Applications are accepted through the external link posted with this listing.
Sarah Best Strategy helps companies shine in the digital space in the service of creating happier, healthier, and more inclusive communities.
At Sarah Best Strategy, we are striving for a workplace that is tolerant, compassionate, and we celebrate the many ways we create a positive impact on our communities both as individuals and as a team. Our 100% remote team has a desire to create a positive impact in our communities and be the change we wish to see in the world. We desire to create an environment that enables us to be good workers and good people, parents and creatives. We work with Fortune 100+ companies, global and regional nonprofits, faith communities, and small- to mid-sized businesses across a variety of sectors.
Here are a few blog posts written by one of our former interns about their experiences:
The spring account management intern is responsible for supporting our account management team and strategy teams in creating and deploying social media content for a variety of clients, and assisting our strategy team on strategy and research projects. When you start your internship, we’ll ask you to identify your learning goals, and craft an experience that helps you achieve those goals. This is a paid internship, 8-10 hours / week. This internship will be structured as a remote internship with required weekly check in meetings and monthly team meetings, optional client meetings, and independent work. You’ll use Zoom video-conferencing to sign in for check-ins and participate in client meetings, and also do work on your own.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This job description describes the general nature and scope of responsibilities for this position. Please note other duties and responsibilities may be assigned or removed at any time.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Sophomore, Junior or Senior working towards a degree in Strategic Communications, Journalism, English, Advertising, or a Related Field
• Assist with social media audits and strategy projects.
• Reviewing social media accounts and making recommendations.
• Writing and scheduling content for social media.
• Assisting with community management and content creation.
• Assisting with social media outreach.
• Assisting with social media reporting.
• Researching hashtags and conducting research on social media in various industries.
• Occasional help with office / administrative tasks such as sales research or direct mailings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Experience using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, etc. for a business, class projects, or extracurricular activities. Extensive experience using social media networks personally.
• Superior oral and written communication skills.
• Effective time management to include establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work effectively as a team player in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to research, analyze, and synthesize information related to social media.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to communicate progress on projects.
• Excellent knowledge of software systems and Microsoft Office products.
• Experience working with social media management software like Sprout Social, Hootsuite, Google Analytics, or Canva a plus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Work is generally performed in an office environment and routinely requires employees to perform the following while carrying out the essential functions of this job:
• Must provide own laptop.
• Use standard office equipment (computer, phone, printer/photocopier, etc.)
• Sit for long periods of time.
• Travel occasionally within Madison for work-related meetings or events (not required while pandemic restrictions are in place).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Click here to apply online.
Rolling Deadline November 18 – December 31, 2022.