|Employer||Applied Population Lab and Dear Pandemic|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||October 7, 2021|
The Applied Population Lab and Dear Pandemic seek an undergraduate student for a paid internship in Spanish-language science communications. The intern will work closely with Dr. Malia Jones, co- founder of Dear Pandemic, and Dr. Sandra Albrecht of Columbia University, Editor-in-Chief of Querida Pandemia.
The intern will focus on operational support for Querida Pandemia. Duties include managing of a cycle of planned posts, coordinating with a Spanish language translator, proofing Spanish translations, creating graphics in Canva, posting to social media, and maintaining a website. We provide training for all the technical skills, other than Spanish language. This internship will provide an opportunity for a student to gain hands-on experience with applied, social-media-based science communications related to the COVID-19 pandemic in Spanish. There are also opportunities to contribute to ongoing research in science communications about the COVID-19 pandemic.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following interests/skills:
• Native or fluent Spanish speaker
• Experience using social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and/or Twitter
• An interest in public health, health disparities, health communications, and/or social media management
• Ability to work independently and remotely to accomplish a specific set of tasks each week. Have their own laptop computer and reliable internet connection.
We seek a student who will become a valued member of a great team. The position is for 10-15 hours per week through at least May 2022. Pay starts at $13/hourly with regular opportunities for pay increases.
Hours are flexible, though some standard business hours will be needed each week.
Interested applicants should send the following materials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. A cover letter. Your letter should describe your topic area interests. Your cover letter should also detail any experience with science communication or social media management, and detail your background in Spanish language (i.e., native Spanish or fluency as a second language).
2. Your current CV/resume.
3. Two professional references.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!