|Apply by||Not specified|
|Posted on||November 9, 2020|
The WarnerMedia Story
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
We are an energetic, fast-moving and collaborative content team, part of an amazing organization with several strategic partnerships in the global sports landscape.
This versatile, creative and innovative digital journalism intern will possess true 21st Century digital content skills to drive the success of our digital properties covering all NCAA-recognized sports, including the Division I Men’s basketball March Madness tournament. This internship requires versatility and strengths in many areas.
- This intern will have the opportunity to write, edit, produce and deliver a wide variety of sports content, including video and written work.
- They’ll also be responsible for reading, editing and posting contributed content from press releases, wire stories, staff writers and freelancers.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are crucial.
- You’ll learn how to best lure our audience with effective headlines and teases for all delivery – whether desktop, mobile, newsletters or partners – as well as across various content platforms. This means strong producing skills, but also understanding what content works best and why.
- You’ll use web analytics tools – such as Chartbeat and Omniture – to track performance and inform strategy.
- We’re looking for someone ready to keep their feet moving and work independently. Enthusiasm, risk-taking, creativity and collaboration are highly valued.
- Select, prioritize, edit, create and post content (text, statistics, standings, video, photo, etc.).
- Publish content in cooperation with guidelines and styles set by social networking staff and league partners.
- Programming NCAA.com.
- Programming the March Madness Live site and apps.
- Monitor wires, events and social networking for outside source content.
- Ensure all content is grammatically correct and factually accurate.
- Demonstrate news judgment in editing and story selection consistent with league partner editorial policies and standards.
- Work directly with internal team and partners to ensure all NCAA championship and microsite content is up-to-date and accurate.
- Report and troubleshoot operational bugs (feeds, polls, leaderboard, site) as they arise.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Night and weekend work are required.
- Preferably have editorial experience in the online medium and in the sports industry.
- Working knowledge of web publishing technologies like HTML. Plus, familiarity with Photoshop, Adobe Premier & Adobe After Effects is preferred.
- Experience with content management systems, SEO and digital publishing are required to succeed in this role.
- You’ll need a familiar understanding of external publishing and social media sites (ex. Twitter, YouTube, Google Knowledge Panel) and how they can help us reach more users as well as help develop content.
- Strong basic editorial skills (must be able to demonstrate an ability to write, copy edit and show news judgment).
- Proficient in basic computer skills such as MS Word and Excel.
- Able to handle last-minute or quick-turnaround deadlines for development or in a live publishing environment.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- This position is remote.
- Educational Requirements:
- A rising senior obtaining a degree in journalism or related field is preferred.
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands.
The Spring 2021 program dates are January 25th through April 16th. The internship will be a full remote/virtual experience. Most internships will provide a company owned laptop for the duration of the internship program. Interns are paid a competitive wage based on bureau location and relocation is not provided as the program is fully remote/virtual. Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled in college. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.