|Location||St. Paul, MN|
|Apply by||Not specified|
|Posted on||September 13, 2021|
- Hours: 24 hours per week
- Location: St. Paul, MN
- Start Date: January 10, 2022 – May 27, 2022
- Compensation: $15.00/hour
Intern, Classical MPR:
This internship opportunity would provide you the opportunity to work across the department in Digital, on-air, production and live events. As the nation’s premiere provider of Classical music programming, APMG’s Classical Music Service has a unique opportunity to enrich the minds and nourish the spirit by increasing our public service with investments that allow us to serve more audiences and expand our impact on the audiences we serve.
Key Learning Goals:
- Develop an understanding of regular operations in Classical, including live broadcasts, production of national shows, audio/video post-production, and music programming.
- Become adept in using key production tools, such as content management systems, Adobe Creative Suite and Excel spreadsheets.
- Follow ideas from inception to publication of various forms of digital features.
- Manage social media.
- Pitching, writing, and building content for digital platforms including YourClassical.org, and ClassicalMPR.org.
- Working across the department including APM’s national programs (Performance Today, SymphonyCast, and Pipedreams); with the Program Director, Music Director, and on-air hosts on the day-to-day production and operations of KSJN, Classical 24, and live events/broadcasts
- Participate with the Education team in bringing classical music to Minnesota schools with the Class Notes program.
- Assist with recording session production, logistics and audio editing.
- Partial subsidy for onsite parking or public transportation
- Eligible to accrue sick time off
- Eligible for health insurance as required under the ACA
- Participate in robust on-boarding experience
- Professional development: on-the-job training, intercultural development assessment, formal performance review feedback sessions, etc.
- Participate in brown bag sessions to gain broader perspective of the organization
- Sophomores, Juniors, Seniors OR recent graduate (Bachelor’s or Master’s degree) of no more than 1 year from a college/university program.
- Demonstrated interest and passion for music.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work independently, and identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Strong organizational, research, and tracking skills.
- Ability to learn new computer programs upon request.
- Maintain strong attention to detail.
- Excellent language skills, including writing, editing, and proofreading.
- Basic understanding of social media platforms.
- Ability to process and report program information.
- An alert and resourceful approach to problem solving and time management
- Demonstrated interest in and passion for classical music
- Experience in media arts and audio presentation.
- Experience with digital tools and applications (Photoshop, html, servers, etc.)
Next Step in the Application:
In addition to your skills and knowledge, we want to get to know you in the application process. In addition to your resume, please include a cover letter (of no more than 1 page) with answers to the following:
- What interest you about this internship?
- What professional skills would you like to add to your toolbox in the months and years to come to grow in your career field?
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Physical Demands:
- Required to move about in an office environment and sit for extended periods of time.
- Required to move about in the community.
- Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping.
- Working Conditions:
- Moderate noise level.
- Occasional exposure to prevalent weather conditions.