|Location||San Francisco, CA|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||October 13, 2020|
The KQED Arts Communications & Engagement Intern is a fundamental role of the department’s engagement team, providing insight, research and action to any of our audience engagement activities including social media communications, community interaction, influencer distribution and events planning.
The intern helps with the promotion and outreach Rightnowish the podcast; If Cities Could Dance, a twice Webby-award winning digital video series; and general digital news from the Arts & Culture Desk. We encourage applicants to bring their unique passions to the table and work with us to find a trajectory toward growth unique to them.
This is a paid internship.
• Research, organize and interact with and pitch influencers, artists, organizations and media companies.
• Produce weekly social media toolkits in collaboration with the Engagement Producer.
• Co-produce and build the Arts & Culture newsletter on a bi-weekly basis.
• Organize and manage audience communications and collaborations with the KQED Arts & Culture Engagement Producer.
• Assist in the production of KQED Arts & Culture events.
• Attend weekly editorial and engagement team meetings.
Other Job Functions:
• Organize and manage inbound screening requests for KQED Arts documentary films.
• Produce original social media assets and copy for KQED Arts & Culture reporting.
• Pitch engagement proposals and ideas to the KQED Arts & Culture engagement teams.
• Assist the Engagement Producer with engagement duties
• Strong written and/or oral communication skills.
• An independent thinker who works well in a team environment.
• Agility in using digital tools like Google Drive (Google sheets, Google docs, Google slides) as well as e-marketing tools.
• Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
• Ability to meet deadlines and goals while working under pressure.
• Strong desire for excellence in written communications and developing a brand voice.
• Passionate about supporting communities in telling their own stories from their own experiences.
• Strong interest in public media, social media, communications, digital media, marketing and design.
• Strong interest in innovation on social media platforms, including new and emerging media.
• Interest in image editing and visual communication skills are a plus.
Growth & Development Opportunities:
• Past KQED Arts & Culture interns have had their written, audio and visual work published on KQED. The communications and engagement intern is a core member of the engagement team, offering ideas and creativity to a small, but nimble crew.
• Bring your unique passions to the table and we will find the path that fits for you and your growth.
Click here to apply online.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!