|Employer||Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin Endowment|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified - Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||March 31, 2021|
This internship is with AHW’s Communications & Engagement team with the opportunity to play a critical role in helping to increase our brand awareness as a statewide health philanthropy. Here’s your opportunity to use the concepts and best practices you’ve learned in school to build a portfolio of work to take with you.
Goals of this internship include building student skills in a wide range of communications work, including social media management, communications strategy development, writing and editing, graphic design, media/public relations, and event support.
Job Type Details: Full-time paid internship with employment dates of June 1-August 31, 2021.
About AHW Endowment – The Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin Endowment was established by the Medical College of Wisconsin in 2004 to receive a portion of the charitable funds from the conversion of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Wisconsin from a nonprofit organization to a for-profit corporation. The proceeds of the sale were generously gifted to Wisconsin’s two medical schools – MCW and the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health – on behalf of the people of Wisconsin. AHW proudly calls the MCW School of Medicine home. It is this strategic placement in the third largest private medical school in the nation – within Wisconsin’s largest private research institution – that enables us to steward this gift, combining the power of philanthropy with that of academic medicine to serve as a catalyst for positive change statewide. Learn more at www.ahwendowment.org and learn how you can be a part of the AHW team!
Please include a cover letter describing your interest in this internship opportunity, along with a sample of social media graphics and writing sample.
– Work collaboratively with AHW Communications & Engagement staff to manage social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) and support a variety of strategic communications to share the endowment’s work with various internal and external audiences
– Assist with social media strategy and maintain social media calendar
– Write content for social media and create graphics
– Help with event promotion for organization-led programming and events
– Work with staff to create strategic communications plans that advance organizational objectives, and support assigned projects to implement strategic communications projects
– Write content for press releases, newsletters, and our blog that tells the story of AHW work across biomedical research, health care and public health initiatives
– Conduct background research for assigned projects, helping to identify content and research for necessary reports and other publications
– Support development of AHW web content, including updates to funded project outcomes and progress
– Follow provided style guidelines and brand standards
– Collaborate across AHW functional units and the organization to uphold stewardship objectives and principles
– Perform other duties as assigned. May assist in other functional areas of AHW Endowment as needed.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities:
– Strong writing skills required; knowledge of AP Style preferred
– Social media experience
– Some graphic design experience
– Knowledge of computers, clerical procedures, customer service standards, collaboration, and information management.
– Maintain professionalism in all written and verbal communication.
– Possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
– Exhibit courtesy and cooperation with leaders and co-workers.
– Strong writing, organizational, time management, interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills.
– Exercise confidentiality and a high degree of discretion.
– Speech clarity, speech recognition, finger dexterity, and wrist-finger speed while operating computers abilities required.
Click here to learn more or apply.
Deadline not specified – Apply ASAP!