|Employer||The Wisconsin Union|
|Apply by||December 8, 2021|
|Posted on||November 9, 2021|
The Wisconsin Union, often referred to as “the heart and soul” of the University of Wisconsin-Madison, has enhanced the lives of members and visitors since it was founded in 1907. Since 1928, when the doors to Memorial Union opened, the Wisconsin Union has served as the living room of the UW-Madison campus. The Union connects students, faculty, staff, members and visitors through shared cultural, social and recreational events and experiences.
StudentPrint is a student-driven, non-profit business where each team member is fully committed to the success of the business and accomplishing both personal and professional goals.
Role includes internal marketing and design work in addition to client communication, graphic design, and layout services. Client-based projects involve a wide range of design: identity, publications, advertisements, posters/brochures, and many other applications.
Job Functions: New team members will be expected to learn to use the following equipment and software. Previous knowledge of the following is appreciated, but not required.
• Copy machines
• Large format printer
• Point of Sales system
• Lamination machine
• Cutting machine
• Binding machine
• Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
• Adobe Acrobat
• Intuit QuickBooks and Point of Sales system
• Google (Docs, slides, drive, suite)
• Understanding of design fundamentals (typography, composition, layout, color)
• Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat
• Preferred prior or current course experience in the UW-Madison Graphic Design program
• Preferred capability to maintain a simple HTML, CSS-based website
• Experience in marketing and business is preferred but not required. Ability to develop creative marketing projects is a plus
• All team members must be invested in the success of our non-profit business and promotion of our values: diversity, technology, education, and teamwork
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities – Ideal candidates:
• Must show attention to detail and an ability to organize tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work in a team environment but be self-directed and motivated on a variety of projects, both internal and for clients
• Ability to learn quickly using a variety of printers and other production equipment
• Hard-working, dedicated, and committed
• Willing to learn about new technology and small business aspects
• Strong team members
• Good communicators
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publishing, Outlook)
• Willing to embrace our core values of Teamwork, Diversity, Technology, and Education
Hours – During the fall and spring semesters, team members would be expected to work between 9-12 hours per week
• Schedules are created around your class and personal schedules and are set for the semester
• Finals week schedules are created separately and are based on your finals schedules
Click here to learn how to apply.
Application Deadline—December 8, 2021.